Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRX interface- FT 991 problem
19-08-2017, 10:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 19-08-2017, 10:25 PM by dl1daw.)
TRX interface- FT 991 problem
My FT-991 is connected to my PC via the USB interface. I setup the 2 virtual ports (standard and enhanced) correctly. In the SWL comms- set-up window I selected the FT 991 and set the parameters of the ENHANCED COM Port  as DTR & RTS = ALWAYS OFF.
The FT 991 parameters are set as menue 033 CAR RTS = ENABLED. It works fine. I can SEE qrg, band, mode in SWL and can transmit CW BUT I cannot set the QRG from SWL neither  from the DX Announcement window nor from the TRX control window. However I can set the mode from these windows. Is this not strange?? I tried different configurations with different parameters but no success so far. Any experiences with FT-991 or hints? May I expect help and support?
20-08-2017, 08:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 20-08-2017, 09:01 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: TRX interface- FT 991 problem
Hi,

Please try to activate the Trace option in the tranaceiver control options and send me the traces when you try to set modes from the TRX window as well as the QRG. This way I can try to find out what's happening. Please send me an e-mail with a copy of the Traces to support@swisslogforwindows.com. See the transceiver control options to learn about the Trace option.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
20-08-2017, 12:48 PM,
Hi again,

I think I have found the bug! Please download this patch:

www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/Swisslv5.exe

Replace this file in the Swisslog folder and test. It should work now.

Please let me know if it works.

Best 73

Jordi, EA3GCV
Jordi, EA3GCV
16-09-2020, 10:52 AM,
Hi.  My name is Antonio and when I connect my FT-991A to Swisslog 5.100d, the frequency appears in the program but not the mode.  I can change the frequency from the program and it is recorded in the log.  As the mode is not reflected in the log, it does not allow me to save the new qso.  I have tried all the control parameters in the settings.  What can I do to fix it?
16-09-2020, 05:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 16-09-2020, 05:28 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello Antonio,

I will review if the 991A needs other CAT commands different than the 991.

However I highly suggest you to use OmniRig instead of connecting your transceiver directly to Swisslog. OmniRig v1 is supported by Swisslog and WSJT-X (and JTDX) and this way you can share CAT control in both programs at the same time with no conflicts (OmniRig handles the COM communication then sends the info internally to the supported programs).

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
17-09-2020, 12:55 AM,
Hello Antonio,

Please download and replace this file in the Swisslog folder:

www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/SwisslV5.exe

Regardless the info I gave you in my last message about OmniRig, please check if your FT-991A is working well now configuring it directly in Swisslog.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
19-09-2020, 03:02 PM,
Thanks for the answer Jordi.
I just replaced the beta you have posted on the desktop pc and it works perfectly. It only remains for me to test it with the laptop, when I have the opportunity, and I will communicate the result.
73's
20-09-2020, 08:54 PM,
Thank you for the reply Antonio! However keep in mind what I explained you about OmniRig. If you plan to share CAT with other programs (such WSJT-X) use OmniRig or you will have to use VSPE or any other virtual port emulator to share the COM port among several applications at once.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
21-09-2020, 05:13 PM,
Okay. I will consider Omnirig's option.

Finally, I have tested the beta on the laptop and it works too. Thank you very much for the help and effort.