Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
connection to jAlert lost
23-09-2020, 05:50 PM,
RE: connection to jAlert lost
Hello Roland,

I don't understand.. if you don't connecto any Telnet server.. how do you receive DX Spots in the Dx message window??

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
24-09-2020, 10:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 24-09-2020, 11:01 AM by EI4KF.)
With the new beta I had one hang-up on the 15th but none since and it has been very smooth and trouble free. It seems to me that Swisslog is a program that can suffer after the Windows 10 update to the latest 2004 version due to new introductions to the OS that cause extra DPCs and direct more CPU resources to background apps than in previous versions. Many people are complaining about it.

So later on the 15th I de-bloated Windows, removing or stopping all background apps, turning off dynamic tick which interrupts internal data flows on links such as UDP or virtual audio. The end result is excellent. In all likelyhood these issues are never seen in most fast computers but, because I have SDR with the software being CPU and graphics intensive and running on the same machine as Swisslog, it was better for me to streamline the OS to give Swisslog the maximum resources available. It does make a difference especially when using DX Windows and many Spots are in-coming.
24-09-2020, 12:42 PM,
Very interesting your comments Erik! How do you give Swisslog the maximum resources? Do you do this in task manager, Details tab then selecting SwisslV5.exe, mouse right click then setting priority to real time? If not I would appreciate how you do it. It's interesting for me to know for other users. I think this settings only works for current session and you have to do this every Windows session. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
24-09-2020, 06:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 24-09-2020, 09:32 PM by EI4KF.)
(24-09-2020, 12:42 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Very interesting your comments Erik! How do you give Swisslog the maximum resources? Do you do this in task manager, Details tab then selecting SwisslV5.exe, mouse right click then setting priority to real time? If not I would appreciate how you do it. It's interesting for me to know for other users. I think this settings only works for current session and you have to do this every Windows session. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Best 73

Hello Jordi

There is a small application called Prio. It runs on Windows startup and provides a context menu when right-clicking on the processes in the Details tab of task manager. The option for saving a priority change accesses a hidden setting in Windows 10. Then you can raise the priority permanently for any process. It does not help to set too many applications this way - two is really the limit so I have Swisslog and JTDX raised to High. 

https://www.prnwatch.com/prio/

I would say this will work well but it is better if as few resources as possible are given over to background apps. Even if you do not run them, there are approximately 20 built-in apps that are actually running in the background. There are the Windows Store apps and hidden telemetry processes endlessly sending your data to MS. I uninstalled them all except Mail and Skype. At startup in a default Windows 10 installation, with no programs launched, you will see 120+ process running. Now I have 80. Big difference.
25-09-2020, 11:19 AM,
Very interesting! thank you sharing!!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV