Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL Macros / Batch modes ?
24-01-2017, 01:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2017, 05:03 PM by dk3dua.)
SL Macros / Batch modes ?
Hello,

first of all, HNY and thanks alot for all the SL updates , it is much fun using SL :-)

My question: Some actions need ever the same menu options and clicks, it would be nice to be able to define some common actions as macro , or call SL with command line options.

Most needed:

- import ADIF file
- LotW sync
- Clublog upload

or best, all 3 together. If you use other logging programs for special purposes ( contest, club events etc.) you need ever the same tasks, and it's a lot of clicking through the menus.

EDIT: Meanwhile I have some more notes about this topic:

A real Macro or Batch is IMHO not needed, there are only a few ever repeating tasks where it would be nice when they are running a bit automated.
SL already started handling this with offering download of info files for memberships etc.

IMHO such predefined tasks should have some properties when they should run (this includes also already existing download of membership lists)
* ASK (message box befor running)
* Automatic (don't ask just do it)
* On_Demand (run manual started from SL user, never ask)
as well as
* On_Start (started after SL starts)
* On_End (started when SL is closed)

and some properties how often to run:
* Every Start/Stop of SL
* every nn days
* every nn qso's

latter espec. with new tasks for syncing with external data:

- sync with LoTW Clublog eQSL .. as such an automatic task (predefined settings)
- import ADIF (define log file name etc., for your favorite contest programm or so)
- export ADIF (for sync with external tools etc.)

There could be some user defined menu entries, with a name you can also define, examples "Sync_LotW_Weekly" "Import_Contest_Log" "Export_ADIF_Daily"

so that you can define (stored in configuration) when and how to run a task.

It is all only a dream and a wish, I know last Christmas is over, but next Christmas will come for sure Rolleyes

vy73
Thomas
DK3DUA