Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QSL action can not be changed for some QSO's
30-12-2016, 02:20 PM,
QSL action can not be changed for some QSO's
Hello Jordi,

a few days ago I worked F5MYK/MM, the QSL action was set automatically to "direkt". I changed the value to "senden", but whenever I try to save the QSO it will be changed back to "direkt". According to qrz.com he is using the bureau. Is this a small bug?

This morning I worked FR4OM and I got the same problem. As far as I know all FR-stations are distributed by the REF QSL bureau. Maybe there is something special I have to take care of.

vy 73 de DF1SD, Kuno
30-12-2016, 11:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 31-12-2016, 12:15 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: QSL action can not be changed for some QSO's
Hello Kuno,

In latest version all QSO with entities not having a bureau are set to Direct in the QSL Action field, to avoid sending a QSL via bureau. If you have the Membership panel active applying the QSL actions from the panel, it will set Direct if no LoTW or eQSL user.

According to the listing I got from my association (URE), FR has no bureau. I will try to check this and in case it's wrong I will change it!

Regarding /MM stations, because DXCC is empty it set (wrongly) to send it Direct. I will change this behaviour so that it's not set when DXCC is empty.

I will also fix that when editing a QSO having no bureau, user can change the QSL Action manually without automatic assignment as it is now. I will try to release a new version next week implementing important corrections (including these ones) and some interesting news.

I will let you know when I find out something about FR. Thank you for your report!

Best 73 and Happy New Year!
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
01-01-2017, 01:26 PM,
Hello Jordi,

HNY to you and all SWISSLOG users. Many thanks for the information. The instruction for German QSL managers issued by DARC mentions to include FR into the F pile of QSL cards. FR1GV specifies on QRZ.COM to send the QSL via the bureau. Therfore I assume that they just use the REF bureau.

vy 73 de DF1SD, Kuno
01-01-2017, 09:15 PM,
Hello Kuno,

Tomorrow I will confirm with the bureau manager of URE (the Spanish amateur radio association) but before setting the countries which countries has no bureau I asked them and FR QSO are not sent to the REF bureau. I will confirm tomorrow in order to change this info in the country table. However in the next version user will be able to edit the QSO and change the QSL action to avoid this problem.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
02-01-2017, 02:22 PM,
Hello Kuno,

I have received confirmation of the URE bureau manager and all QSL going to FR can't be processed via bureau unless a QSL manager is indicated. Otherwise they are all returned to sender. I don't really understand why FR1GV indicates that accepts QSL via bureau, but I think he only sends QSL via bureau if you send it direct to him without 2$ + SAE. Maybe he is member of any association and he can send QSL via bureau, but it's a particular case.

This new Swisslog function will work in 99% of cases! But to be 100% sure user will have to check all QSL actions set to "Direct" with the QRZ profile (or any other profile such as HAMQRH, HAMCALL, QRZCQ..) before sending the QSL. In next version user will be able to Edit the QSO and change manually the QSL action for these QSO without bureau. Thank you for reporting me this!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV