Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INF-DBs missing
15-08-2016, 12:21 PM,
INF-DBs missing
Hello,

since upgradeing to 5.93 some INF-tables are missing: iota and dxcc.
Prio to 5.93 as I double-clicked on dxcc-field or iota-field at the QSO-entry mask a windows opend with a list of the iota or dxcc. Now this is is missing. Importing an old inf-file does not work, it complains that .lot shoul dbe there (it is there!) or one column (here dxcc in the iota description is wrong).

btw:

I use the german language settting, but now with 5.93 the language is mixed: some  messages are in english, some in german, some also in a variable-name as for example the overall qso amount displayed at the buttom of swisslog: "NROF SELREC".
Changing the language settings tells me first to open the Dictionary, as this is not open.?!?!??

Upgradeing was done with admin-rights, also I am working as an admin-account.

What went wrong?

Torsten, dg7ro
15-08-2016, 12:52 PM,
RE: INF-DBs missing
Hello Torsten,

I guess that for some reason your installation is corrupted. It has affected the language file and also the statistic file and who knows what else...

I recommend to perform the following:

- Check your hard disk with the tools provided in Windows (open File Explorer, right click on your drive, Properties | Tools - Check disk)
- Once your hard disk is in mint conditions, install again 5.93 always as administrator (moure right click and select Run as administrator). during installation it will detect that 5.93 is already installed in at some point it will show that "Update from Swisslog 5.93". This is normal. You are reinstalling.
- Force Swisslog to also run as administrator. Mouse right click on the Swisslog desktop icon, select Properties | Compatibility tab and check the Run always as administrator checkbox then Apply and OK. This will ensure that Swisslog is always running with FULL administrator rights.
- Now open Swisslog again.

It should work well again. If it doesn't the best way will be to uninstall and make a fresh installation again. Don't forget to have a current backup copy of your Swisslog database and your personal fiels such a QSL reports, etc. before doing this in order to restore them after the new fresh installation.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
15-08-2016, 01:04 PM,
Hi,
hard disk is ok . and I always run the swisslog-link with admin-rights and winxp-compat-mode.
So  I think I have to install a complete new and clean version.
keep fingers X.  I will do that tomorrow.

Torsten
16-08-2016, 06:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 16-08-2016, 07:08 PM by DG7RO.)
RE: INF-DBs missing - solved
- did a new install
- moved back my DB and! also the Swlstat.mdb do swisslog\DB
- started swisslog:
 - same error ad the button: "number of qso %d"
Then I changed the language to english and back to german.
and moved the mdb file back.
restart of swisslog: works fine now.
Test: moved  files mdb into .\db..
restart: works fine now...

strange... but it is working now.
only a access-violation error as I click on LOTW-synch. but the synch is working as expected. (did also a new tqsl session)

Torsten

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

17-08-2016, 12:37 AM,
Hi Torsten,

DON'T use the WINXP compatibility! You have to only check the "Run as administrator" option in the program icon. Swisslog must run with ANY backward emulation. Maybe it's the reason of this bundle because nobody has this issue.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog