Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(TOOLS) Diploma Admin ERRORs
28-07-2016, 07:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 28-07-2016, 07:06 PM by EA1FFO.)
(TOOLS) Diploma Admin ERRORs
Hi, 
I have some errors when trying to access some of Items management diplomas."Tools->Diplom Admin"
1 - Work OK
2 - Error: SQL is not successfully executed
incorrect arguments, outside the permitted or conflict with other interval.
OLE Error: -2146825287 Errorcode, Source ADODB Command.
3 - It hangs
4 - It hangs
5 - Work OK
6 - Error: The parameter (4m) has not a predetermined value.

Any idea?

Best 73, EA1FFO

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

28-07-2016, 07:15 PM,
RE: (TOOLS) Diploma Admin ERRORs
Hi,

You are right... in fact the Award administration function included in version 5 was the first version Walter programmed and it's not very reliable (you will get errors sometimes, not always). Walter improved this function a lot in version 6 but as you know was never released because he had his accident. In the future I would like to try to implement the v6 award administration function in version 5 (also the most interesting functions of v6 such as Dx message window with autofilters, new logbook views with powerful filter, etc). But it's not easy. Meantime I decided to leave this function as it is in version 5 but honestly I would prefer to eliminate it and wait if I'm able to implement the v6 module.

I really suggest that you don't use this function until then and create QSO groups to select your QSO to be submitted to your awards.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
28-07-2016, 08:50 PM,
OK thank for you help
29-07-2016, 04:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 29-07-2016, 04:48 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello again,

I have opened the Award administration and it works here in the following award definitons (other listed definitions causes Swisslog crash or an error is displayed):

- DXCC Full
- IOTA for 5 bands

I don't know why other definitions don't work. I agree that this function was the first Walter programmed and it's not "polished". But the above definitons work ok. Take a look of how these definitions are created and you can try to create new ones and test.

As I told you in my last message my intention is to implement the last award administration created by Walter. But meantime you can play around with this by using the above award definitions.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog