Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
membership Infos
24-01-2016, 05:26 PM,
membership Infos
Hi,
First of all Thank you very much for your very god job by improving Swisslog!

I have installed the update from 5.91 to 5.91a as administrator. Now, when Input a new QSO, (membership-information is activated) the following error message appears:

The Microsoft Jet-Data bank module does not find the input table or the query 'Inf.skcc'. “

After closing this message only eQSL but no one else like AGCW etc. will be indicated. Then I have tried to update the Information Tables by using “update all” but also here came an error message:

"C:\program files (x86)\swisslog\info\AGCWmembers.xls was not found".
Also I have found out, that the folder “Info” is empty. All time I was connected at Internet."

How can I solve This problem? Thank you for assistance.

Hartmut DF8SB
26-01-2016, 01:39 PM,
RE: membership Infos
Hi Hartmut,

Though you have installed as administrator probably you didn't disable UAC when first installed version 5.91 If you keep UAC enabled you will get a lot of problems with amateur radio software in general if you install them in the C:\Program files folder because when UAC is enabled windows protects this folder and when running these programs system is really working with another folder located in (in case of Swisslog):

C:\USERS\YOURUSERNAME\APPDATA\LOCAL\VIRTUALSTORE\PROGRAM FILES\SWISSLOG (32 bits editions)
C:\USERS\YOURUSERNAME\APPDATA\LOCAL\VIRTUALSTORE\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\SWISSLOG (64 bits editions)

This is a bundle because user believes it's really working with the program folder in C:\Program Files\Swisslog. That's the reason I highly recommend to disable UAC and ALWAYS run installers in programs as administrator. In your case, though you have updated Swisslog as administrator, files in C:\Program files(x86)\Swisslog have been properly updated into 5.91a but when running Swisslog is really working with the copy located in C:\USERS\YOURUSERNAME\APPDATA\LOCAL\VIRTUALSTORE\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\SWISSLOG. That's the reason it won't find many files and creates a big bundle!

Please read this thread I posted explaining in detail all this about UAC and administrator rights:

http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/...hp?tid=205

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog