Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
socket error 10060 with swisslog 5.91a and LOTW
06-03-2016, 07:39 PM,
socket error 10060 with swisslog 5.91a and LOTW
Hello,

I need help:

I changed my swisslog 5.8 into 5.91a and also changed the PC.

With TQSL I made all the certificates and it showed into the swisslog ok.

Password to go on LOTW is also ok.

BUT :

If i synchroniced with LOTW the message came: (win64 64):

Socket Fehler # 10060 Verbindungszeit überschritten.   (Socket error 10060 time over).

I switched off my antivirus but the same result... the old PC is working with the same antivirus GDATA.

Any ideas??? Many thanks for some help.
73 de olaf dl7cx
07-03-2016, 12:24 AM,
RE: socket error 10060 with swisslog 5.91a and LOTW
Hi Olaf,

As explained in the FAQ section of the website (http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/english/FAQ.htm) you have to add an exception to Swisslog in your firewall. Check if your antivirus implements a firewall or it's using Windows firewall. Even if your antivirus includes a firewall mostly when disabling your antivirus the firewall is not disabled. You have to check your antivirus documentation. But this error is because your firewall is blocking incoming/outgoing connections.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
07-03-2016, 12:52 PM,
Photo  RE: socket error 10060 with swisslog 5.91a and LOTW
(07-03-2016, 12:24 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Olaf,

As explained in the FAQ section of the website (http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/english/FAQ.htm) you have to add an exception to Swisslog in your firewall. Check if your antivirus implements a firewall or it's using Windows firewall. Even if your antivirus includes a firewall mostly when disabling your antivirus the firewall is not disabled. You have to check your antivirus documentation. But this error is because your firewall is blocking incoming/outgoing connections.

Best 73

Hello Jordi,

I switched off my firewall and also my antivirus programm. The same result...

------------ lade QSOs von LOTW herunter

->
Socket Fehler # 10060 Verbindungszeit überschritten.
------------  ->
------------  ->

Later a message came with. The password is wrong. Check ID and password.

But I sent with tqsl2.2. an adif-file  today with sucess to LOTW with the same password.

Any Idea dear Jordi????

73 Olaf dl7cx

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

07-03-2016, 07:23 PM,
Hi Olaf,

Have you configured correctly Swisslog to synchronise with Lotw? First you have to create Stations in TQSL and match them with your My QTH in Swisslog. You have to set your certificate passwords in Swisslog as well.

Please go to the Swisslog help and read this chapter:

- QSL Bearbeitung - LOTW Unterstützung

LOTW synchronization works very well and your issue seems to come from a wrong setup. Read the Automatic mode of the LOTW synch which is easier and faster. You can skip to read the manual mode.

If you are using Windows Vista or higher in your new computer, did you followed the instructions given in the download section and the first screen of the Swislsog installer? That is: disabling UAC, restart and install ALWAYS as administrator. It's a MUST to do this in Swisslog and many other ham radio software. Please read this message I posted regarding this issue:

http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/...hp?tid=205

If after reading and following all the above instructions you still have difficulties contact me again to arrange a remote session via Teamviewer to check what may happen. But please, first read and follow carefully all the installation steps and the LOTW setup instructions.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
07-03-2016, 08:14 PM,
Many thanks Jordi.. I will do a new installation of the swisslog with your instructions again. TNX vy much for the moment.
73 Olaf dl7cx
08-03-2016, 10:45 PM,
Hello Jordi,

all ok after reinstall swisslog with your suggestions (UAC,admin.).

Muchas gracias es best 73 de Olaf dl7cx
08-03-2016, 11:04 PM,
Perfect!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV