Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Host not found' ??
02-01-2016, 02:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2016, 02:50 PM by G4UGB.)
'Host not found' ??
Hello Jordi,

First of all a Happy New Year to you and yours !!

Wonder if you can assist. Since I started using SwissLog (after the New Year started) and the date and year changed - I have a problem in that at startup - the 'View Logbook' display keeps flashing and then eventually settles down. If I hit the 'QRZ.com' button - I get a box that pops up and tells me:

'The following members/references info tables are outdated! Parenthical: days older:

- eQSL (35 days)

Do you want to update them now? You may go later to Tools/Update awards information (Internet) Update All. Keep in mind that depending your computer and internet connection speed and the number of tables to update this operation may take long time. It's recommended to do it when you are not using your computer to allow Swisslog working alone'
Yes - OK

If I hit the YES button - a progress bar appears which doesn't do anything and on top of it - another error box which says 'Host not found' and 'OK'.

If I hit OK to that - the View Logbook window starts flashing again and eventually stops. But hitting the QRZ.com button at the top of the screen - starts the whole process again.

So I then go to Tools and choose 'Update Awards information (internet)' and 'Update All'. It starts downloading and importing OK - but when it gets to 'Importing DMVE references into database' it gets to 54889/54887 and shows 100% and hangs up - or appears to hang up but Task Manager shows that it is still running. However - after 30 minutes of waiting for it to complete - I shut Swisslog down.

Now - it starts with the error message above ie 'The following members/references info tables are outdated' Parenthical: days older:' etc and when I hit 'Yes' this time it now says 'Cannot change Visible in OnShow or OnHide OK - when I hit 'OK' the Swisslog screen is blank - I have to 'restore desktop' and then - when I hit the QRZ.com button again - it all starts all over again.

All other functions seem to work fine. I've changed nothing in Swisslog - and it was fine last time I ran it before we changed to 2016 but maybe that is nothing to do with it ?? Or perhaps it is that I did a PC COM port reset as I had issues with other USB devices (which all work 100% again) and wondered if that had upset Swisslog somewhere.

Can you advise please ??

Thank you

Regards,

Richard
02-01-2016, 03:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2016, 03:11 PM by G4UGB.)
RE: 'Host not found' ??
Hello Jordi,

As an update to this - I managed to get Tools/Update Award Information and 'Update All' to complete.

But Swisslog still starts with the flashing 'View Log' and refuses to allow me to use the QRZ.com button with the same errors as previously detailed.

It still ends with a blank progress bar and 'Host not found'. It all seems to be related to ''The following members/references info tables are outdated! Parenthical: days older:

- eQSL (35 days)

Followed by 'Host not Found'

I'm still stuck !!
Regards,

Richard
03-01-2016, 01:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-01-2016, 01:36 AM by G4UGB.)
Hello Jordi,
Well, I don't know what happened - but I just fired up Swisslog again and hit the 'QRZ' button - and it has now found the associated server and loaded the outdated e-QSL information without producing the 'Host not found' error that it did previously - and all is working 100% again. Haven't a clue why it is now behaving itself or what host it was looking for that it couldn't find previously. The QRZ button now works exactly as it should and calls up the QRZ.com Web page. I'm happy again ... Big Grin
Regards,
Richard
04-01-2016, 12:32 AM,
Hi Richard,

The eQSL link to download the full eQSL AG member list is often down for maintenaince reasons. It's not a Swisslog problem but a eQSL problem. When Swisslog prompts you to update the eQSL member list, if the Host not found error is displayed simply try later.

Also make sure to add an exception to your firewall to allow Swisslog all incoming/outgoing connections.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
04-01-2016, 01:56 AM,
Hello Jordi,

Thank you - think I've learned another valuable lesson there for sure !! I wasn't sure what was going on at all. I'll know next time !!!

Regards,

Richard