Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TS-590S and SWL
05-08-2015, 11:25 PM,
TS-590S and SWL
I was using SWL with a TS-2000S which worked fb using RS-232  I have now changed to a TS-590S but have connected a USB cable and can not get SWL to follow the frequency or band changes.  Only the date change is active but I think that is following the coputer's date.

N1MM was used for one contest and it changed bands and freq. as I QSYd using the same USB cable.  I have now disabled N1MM in case there is a clash but still can not get SWL to display the freq. changes.

TS-590S baud rate set to 38400 the Kenwood software virtual port downloaded and set up for COM 4.

Anybody have experiece on this problem? Your help gladly needed.
05-08-2015, 11:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-08-2015, 11:53 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: TS-590S and SWL
Hi,

If it's working in N1MM please use the same settings in Swisslog. But only select the COM port, baud rate and make sure Start and Stop bits match too with the ones set in N1MM. Leave the other options as it is!

You can't use two programs at once sharing the same COM port. Maybe this is the reason it's not working. You have to test running Swisslog alone. If you want to share your COM up to 4 programs simultaneously (very useful for CAT) you have to install VSPE (Virtual Serial Ports Emulator): http://www.eterlogic.com/Products.VSPE.html

It's free for 32 bits operating systems and it cost only 24,95$ for 64 bits operating systems. I use it in my computer and it's wonderful! I can use N1MM, Swisslog, MixW and other program at the same time for CAT purposes.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
11-08-2015, 10:58 PM,
Hi Jordi

Previously, SwissLog was working with a TS-2000S using the RS-232 cable to the computer.  I am now using a TS-590S and controlling a linear via the RS-232 cable. On the PC side, I am using a USB cable.  N1MM was being used in a minor contest (via the USB cable)  and that arrangement worked .  SWL was not being used then.  

I have now completely removed N1MM but still have difficulty in getting SwissLog to change frequencies when the radio QSys.  The settings are identical to how N1MM was set.  Maybe I'm not seeing the "wood 'cos of the trees"...  Anybody else come across this before?

Tks
13-08-2015, 08:48 AM,
Hi,

For your words I understand that the CAT control works ok in Swisslog (you can change modes and frequencies) but it takes a while to read the frequency in Swisslog when you make QSY in your transceiver, isn't it? If this is true then try to use a lower baud rate, starting from 4800 and check again but it should work. The right settings should be:

Baud rate: 4800
Parity: None
Data bits: 8
Stop bits: 1
Flow control: leave all them unchecked. XON = 17 XOFF = 19

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
19-08-2015, 11:35 PM,
Hi,

I have found the error with TS-590 and TS-990 in the code. I will correct this in version 5.91 which I will be releasing in a few weeks with important fixes.

Meanwhile I have prepared a replacement with this fix:

http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/SwisslV5.zip

Download this file and replace the SWISSLV5.EXE file in the Swisslog folder. Let me know if it works with TS-590.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
24-08-2015, 10:47 PM,
(19-08-2015, 11:35 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi,

I have found the error with TS-590 and TS-990 in the code. I will correct this in version 5.91 which I will be releasing in a few weeks with important fixes.

Meanwhile I have prepared a replacement with this fix:

http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/SwisslV5.zip

Download this file and replace the SWISSLV5.EXE file in the Swisslog folder. Let me know if it works with TS-590.

Best 73
Hi Jorge

I downloaded the file - took quite a while - nearly 10mins !  I tried to extract it and transfer it to SWL but it would not transfer.  Message given is  "Cannot creat SwisslV5.exe.  Access denied"

In size, it appears to be identical to what I already have in my present SWlog.  I will nevertheless try the program again.  

It's a strange problem - the solution could be staring at me but I don't see it !!

Regards
Sam
25-08-2015, 01:28 AM,
Hi,

The file size it's the same (14Mb). I have uploaded it again but it worked fine for me. If you have got a problem extracting it maybe you have a problem with your UNZIP program. If you didn't install it with administrator rights you won't be able to extract the SWISSLV5.EXe directly to C:\Program Files\Swisslog folder. The solution is to extract it in C:\ or into another folder or unit different than C:\Program Files then copy it to the Swisslog folder manually. Please close Swisslog first before copying!! That's the reason I INSIST A LOT to install ALL programs with administrator rights otherwise you will get many problems like this.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
30-08-2015, 07:59 PM,
Hi Jordi

Success at last !!  Thanks for your continuing efforts in helping out.

I followed your instructions to download the latest version of SwissLog.  I had to do it a second time as I had not activated 'Administrator rights' which is an important aspect.  One has to HAVE 'Administrator rights' before downloading.  I also downloaded the 'virtual COM port' software off the Kenwood site.

The important point was to install the virtual COM port software before connecting the radio up to the PC using the USB cable.  The baud rate for the Menu 68 on the TS-590SG was set at 115200 and on the COM port software at 38400.   The Transceiver Control Interface setting was 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity.  The baud rate was also set to 115200 bd.  

For your interest, the radio controls the linear via a serial cable.

Unfortunately it was only during my free time that I could do this - it could have been sooner if I had more time playing amateur radio !

Thanks once again and very 73.  
Sam
Look forward to working you on HF
02-09-2015, 11:44 AM,
Hi Sam,

Perfect! This EXE file it's just a patch. I'm working in a new version with important corrections (as this one) and some new things.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
06-11-2015, 10:14 PM,
Here it is also not possible to get a stable connection between my TS590SG and SWISSLOG. (other program's work fine)
When i right click on DX cluster spots and select tune transceiver, de TS590SG changes to the correct frequency. But SWISLOG is not tracking any frequency or mode changes i make on the TS590SG.
It is impossible to generate a TRACE file. when i use my FT897d a trace file is made with serial commands , but with the TS590SG no trace file is created.
At one point the TS590SG was not correctly communicating at all with any program after using SWISSLOG, and i had to take power of to get it going again with other program's. 
I tested many different settings including speed settings (9600, 38400, 115200) and flow control on/off, but no result.
The beta version posted above in this topic was downloaded and i replaced it with the original exe file, but no success. The TS590SG is still not communicating correctly with SWISSLOG. 

Suggestion: maybe consider adding Omni-rig support to SWISLOGG, and let them bother with all different types of rigs en protocols.