Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOTW problem in V.5.9b
01-04-2015, 04:02 PM,
LOTW problem in V.5.9b
Hello Jordi and Swisslog users,

after updating from V.5.9a to 5.9b a problem with LOTW occurred again which I had under V.5.8. and which I described in the thread "upload to lotw password rejected" in December 2014.
The problem was solved by updating to V.5.9a, LOTW worked fine then until I updated to V.5.9b today.
I deinstalled V.5.9b and installed the old version 5.9a again and voila, LOTW works fine again.
So I guess I should better keep 5.9a and ignore any new versions, or what do you suggest?

73 de Alfred DJ6PC
01-04-2015, 05:31 PM,
RE: LOTW problem in V.5.9b
Hello Alfred,

LOTW synch works perfect in 5.9b. Me and other beta testers we have just tested (once again the LOTW synch before releasing it) and it works well. I haven't changed anything regarding the signing process. The error you report maybe is because the LOTW password configured in Swisslog doesn't match with your LOTW password certificate.

Please download Teamviewer Quick Support: http://www.teamviewer.com/link/?url=505374&id=279590622

Place it in your desktop and I will be able to make a remote session to check your computer online. You have to give me the ID and password in order to get access to your computer. Tonight from 22h I will be in Skype (JordiQQ username) so that you can give me the codes. Or you can send me a whatsapp message to +34656409020. I will check your setup and see what happen but version 5.9b it's working well with LOTW synch.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
01-04-2015, 09:03 PM,
Hello Jordi,

thanks for the fast reply.
When I start Swisslog, I get the message: "Socket Fehler # 10013 Zugriff verweigert." (= socket error # 10013 access denied).
The password cannot be wrong, because if I press "open LOTW website" the website opens.

TeamViewer does not work, it complains about a missing internet connection and asks about a proxy, which I do not know anything about.
So if the error message above does not work, I will install V.9a again which works fine.

73 de DJ6PC
01-04-2015, 09:04 PM,
sorry, I mean:
if the error message does not give a clue to a solution ...
02-04-2015, 05:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-04-2015, 05:20 PM by EA3GCV.)
kHi,

You have a problem with your internet configuration connection... this error only appears when you have problems with the internet connection and some sockets can,t be reached (the Teamviewer error is the proof of this because it should work). Maybe your antivirus is blocking something. Try to disable it temporally. But believe me that the Lotw synch works perfect with 5.9b (confirmed by many users). But I don,t know why it works you with 5.9a and not with 5.9b... but the Teamviewer error is a symptom that something goes wrong in your computer. If I could reach your computer I would be able to take a look otherwise it,s hard to help you. Try to disable your antivirus and see if Teamviewer works. If it works you know the source of the problem. Maybe you will have to reinstall your antivirus of add an exception to Swisslog and Teamviewer in your antivirus firewall.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
03-04-2015, 08:44 AM,
Hello Jordi,

now everything works OK, TeamViewer and Swisslog 5.9b. After switching the Norton virus scanner off and on again, both programs are OK. I don't know much about proxies and sockets and such stuff, but I hope the problem has been solved for good. Many thanks for your help.

73 de DJ6PC
03-04-2015, 12:46 PM,
Hello Alfred,

It's a typhical problem... most antivirus blocks some connections and this was your problem. You have to see in your antivirus and add an exception to the included Firewall to avoid blocking any connections in SWISSLOG and TEAMVIEWER. This way you have are protected but it allows Swisslog and Teamviewer to run properly.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV