Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QSL manager
21-03-2015, 09:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 21-03-2015, 09:38 AM by DF6PW.)
QSL manager
Hi all,

I very much welcome that the IK3QAR QSL-database was implemented, that is really helpful. There is another free QSL database by OZ7C online: http://www.ddxg.dk/oz7c/
From my experience, OZ7C provides by far the latest QSL information on the net, followed by IK3QAR. Exceptions may prove the rule, as always, but I didn't find any Wink

Maybe you consider it helpful to integrate the OZ7C database in addition.

Vy 73
Hardy, DF6PW

PS: Let me take the opportunity to thank Jordi, EA3GCV and all the hams involved in maintaining and updating Swisslog! I am really grateful for this!
21-03-2015, 12:18 PM,
RE: QSL manager
Hello Hardy,

When I implemented the IK3QAR online QSL Manager search I was also searching for other QSL Manager engines to implement. I took a look to the OZ7C but their database only has about 16000 managers and IK3QAR database has nearly 57000. So by far IK3QAR handles more data. Also I found that the output format given when a QSL manager is found is a bit strange and doesn't follow the same pattern. I will take a look again in the future if I can implement it but I can't promise you anything.

Now I' working in a new version with new interesting corrections and enhacements which I expect to release this month.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
23-03-2015, 08:37 PM,
RE: QSL manager
(21-03-2015, 12:18 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello Hardy,

When I implemented the IK3QAR online QSL Manager search I was also searching for other QSL Manager engines to implement. I took a look to the OZ7C but their database only has about 16000 managers and IK3QAR database has nearly 57000. So by far IK3QAR handles more data. Also I found that the output format given when a QSL manager is found is a bit strange and doesn't follow the same pattern. I will take a look again in the future if I can implement it but I can't promise you anything.

Now I' working in a new version with new interesting corrections and enhacements which I expect to release this month.

Best 73

Dear Jordi,

Thank you for your reply and all the information. 

Unfortunatel,y I do not know anything about programming. The only code I know is CW, hi. It was just my experience that IK3QAR often lags somewhat behind OZ7C. 

Like many others I am looking very much forward to the new version! 

Thank you so much for for your commitment!

Vy 73s
Hardy
DF6PW