Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interface cable
01-03-2015, 01:28 PM,
Interface cable
I was using an interface cable to connect the computer and the rig. It was working properly during many days. Now I disconnected the computer and reconnected it again. The port is the same, it is not working any more. The interface cable is working properly on N1MM logger. Might I install again the Swisslog on the software I have already installed on the computer in case a file was corrupted?
01-03-2015, 01:38 PM,
RE: Interface cable
Hello,

Have you restarted your computer? Check that the baud rate, start and stops bits are the same as in N1MM. Maybe they are changed for some reason.

I suppose that you were using Swisslog already and you have not installed or made any changes. Just disconnect the interface cable. Make sure you don,t use N1MM and Swisslov at the same time unless you use VSPE or similar programa to share com ports. Com port can only be open by one application. 

If Swisslog is running well there us no reason to reinstall. If you have Windows Vista or higher I suppose you have followed strictly the instruction given in the first screen of the installer (disable Uac, restart and install as administrator).

Check well the com ports options. if it doesn,t work send me a screen shot of your Com port configuration in Swisslog.

Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
01-03-2015, 02:18 PM,
Have you restarted your computer? Check that the baud rate, start and stops bits are the same as in N1MM. Maybe they are changed for some reason.

Yes, several times. Bouds are 1200.

I suppose that you were using Swisslog already and you have not installed or made any changes.

No change was made.

Just disconnect the interface cable.

Yes I did it

Make sure you don,t use N1MM and Swisslov at the same time unless you use VSPE or similar programa to share com ports. Com port can only be open by one application.

They are not used at the same time.

If Swisslog is running well there us no reason to reinstall.

Swisslog was running fine.

If you have Windows Vista or higher I suppose you have followed strictly the instruction given in the first screen of the installer (disable Uac, restart and install as administrator).

I installed it as administrator. What Uac is?

Check well the com ports options. if it doesn,t work send me a screen shot of your Com port configuration in Swisslog.

The com port is number 11. I do not know the way to send a screen shot. I have it but ...

Attached Files
.docx   Doc1.docx (Size: 55,48 KB / Downloads: 5)
01-03-2015, 02:29 PM,
A sign of error sometimes happens
01-03-2015, 02:46 PM,
I add an error sign

Attached Files
.docx   Doc2.docx (Size: 51,77 KB / Downloads: 5)
01-03-2015, 08:34 PM,
I do not why but it is already working again.
04-03-2015, 01:15 PM,
(01-03-2015, 08:34 PM)EA5VK Wrote: I do not why but it is already working again.

Hello,

In the screenshot you sent me you have COM 9 selected not COM 11. You can raise the Baud rate to 4800 or 9600. Check this rates.

You have to disable UAC. Google "disable UAC windows 7" (or Vista or 8) to see how to do it.

I also recommend you to "force" run Swisslog as administrator. Right click on the Siwsslog desktop icon, select Properties and Compatibility then check the option "Run always as administrator". After doing this if you start Swisslog and you have to configure everything again (it shows as Demo) it's the proof that you were running Swisslog without these rights. Configure again everything but now it's working ok. 

I recommend you to do this in all programs. Running many programs without full administrator rights give a lot of problems. It's a famous trick in Windows Vista and higher operating systems.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog