Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICOM CAT and PSK31 loging
14-02-2015, 07:34 PM,
ICOM CAT and PSK31 loging
Hello OMs and Yls

I use a Icom756 Pro III conected via CIV to swisslog. I can t log a PSK31 QSO in SWISSLOG until i switch off
the transceiver. Ovcorse  the PRO III have no PSK Mode . And Swisslog will jump always back in USB Mode.
If there any solution  without switch the TX off ?

Greetings Thomas DJ6OI Big Grin
http://www.qsl.net/dj6oi       Twitter DJ6OI  Wink
14-02-2015, 08:48 PM,
RE: ICOM CAT and PSK31 loging
Dear Thomas,

This is a common problem because you are really working on SSB. But Swisslog has a solution to this: check "Do not set mode from TX" in the ADD QSO options dialog. Then you can manually set the mode.

Best 73 
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
15-02-2015, 09:37 AM,
(14-02-2015, 08:48 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Dear Thomas,

This is a common problem because you are really working on SSB. But Swisslog has a solution to this: check "Do not set mode from TX" in the ADD QSO options dialog. Then you can manually set the mode.

Best 73 

Hello Om !  thanks for your answer..  they are so many functions --    Bud when i use this option  i have always pick up the  mode by manually,  no more CAT for  RTTY CW ect..?

73 Thomas  Idea
17-02-2015, 01:21 AM,
Hello Thomas,

Yes.. if you disable the read mode from the transceiver you have to set the mode manually (only when changed, mode is the same from last QSO). So if you are working PSK31 you will have to set it in the first QSO. Next QSO the mode will remain the same.

However if you work with MixW and you have it linked with Swisslog, and having the Do not set mode from TX checked, if you change the mode in MixW Swisslog will use the mode set in MixW. So if you change to PSK31 Swisslog mode will be PSK31 too. Swisslog recognises all the MixW modes and set them automatically (when changed in MixW). I'm trying to find out how to enhance the connection between MixW and Swisslog so that MixW takes full control in the QSO input and Swisslog reads all the QSO entry fields of MixW. Now it works with certain fields but it needs improvements. I don't know if I will be able to do that but I will try...

Best 73

Jordi
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
17-02-2015, 09:29 AM,
(17-02-2015, 01:21 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello  Jordi !!

Thanks for your information .. now i understand .. bud i don t whant to buy  MixW ... so i will switch of the TX  for a while  ..73 Thomas

Hello Thomas,

Yes.. if you disable the read mode from the transceiver you have to set the mode manually (only when changed, mode is the same from last QSO). So if you are working PSK31 you will have to set it in the first QSO. Next QSO the mode will remain the same.

However if you work with MixW and you have it linked with Swisslog, and having the Do not set mode from TX checked, if you change the mode in MixW Swisslog will use the mode set in MixW. So if you change to PSK31 Swisslog mode will be PSK31 too. Swisslog recognises all the MixW modes and set them automatically (when changed in MixW). I'm trying to find out how to enhance the connection between MixW and Swisslog so that MixW takes full control in the QSO input and Swisslog reads all the QSO entry fields of MixW. Now it works with certain fields but it needs improvements. I don't know if I will be able to do that but I will try...

Best 73

Jordi