Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LoTW Problem ??
06-06-2013, 10:32 AM,
RE: LoTW Problem ??
(06-06-2013, 07:42 AM)hb9rxc Wrote: Hi Arne,

doesn't appear any time you try to syncronize with LoTW ?
What actions you did first time it appear ?

Btw, I'm trying to find out where this mapping is stored, but no chanche yet.
Need to have a look on the database files (*.mdb), maybe this WE.

There are a lot of interesting things nested in Swisslog, but without the help of the developper ... it would be very hard ... !

Regards, Pietro

http://hb9rxc.homeip.net

http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/...iggrin.gif

Hello Pietro

Not really sure
As I remember I tried to go back with standard Win command
Will try to make a copy of .DB toninght and have a look in this

Have a nice day
Arne // OZ4VW
06-06-2013, 03:24 PM,
We have 2 problems now with TQSL 114.

You´re talking about the problem with the download to asign a new field, but now We have a problem SIGNING the upload ADIF. You can see the error in the picture from OG30OJ. I can´t upload an Adif since update. I must sign it manually with TQSL.

Any one more?
06-06-2013, 03:59 PM,
(06-06-2013, 03:24 PM)EC1CUN Wrote: We have 2 problems now with TQSL 114.

You´re talking about the problem with the download to asign a new field, but now We have a problem SIGNING the upload ADIF. You can see the error in the picture from OG30OJ. I can´t upload an Adif since update. I must sign it manually with TQSL.

Any one more?

Hi
It is this with the box like OH3OJ

Will try to look a bit more in this, if I can

One question because I have never done it this way.
How do you get the QSO´s back in your log

Br Arne // OZ4VW
06-06-2013, 04:18 PM,
I can´t understand what you need....
06-06-2013, 05:19 PM,
(06-06-2013, 04:18 PM)EC1CUN Wrote: I can´t understand what you need....

Hi
I will try to explain
When you are using the " normal" SW log and up and download QSO´s to LOTW you can use your standart reports to se how many DXCC you have confirmed

Can you import a file from LOTW in SW again or is it only to se these on ARRL homepage

Br Arne

(06-06-2013, 10:32 AM)OZ4VW-Arne Wrote:
(06-06-2013, 07:42 AM)hb9rxc Wrote: Hi Arne,

doesn't appear any time you try to syncronize with LoTW ?
What actions you did first time it appear ?

Btw, I'm trying to find out where this mapping is stored, but no chanche yet.
Need to have a look on the database files (*.mdb), maybe this WE.

There are a lot of interesting things nested in Swisslog, but without the help of the developper ... it would be very hard ... !

Regards, Pietro

http://hb9rxc.homeip.net

http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/...iggrin.gif

Hello Pietro

Not really sure
As I remember I tried to go back with standard Win command
Will try to make a copy of .DB toninght and have a look in this

Have a nice day
Arne // OZ4VW

Hi

There is a file called" TQSLEINGANG_NEW_.....RPG

Not sure but part off the LOTW info seem to be in this

Will maybe try to exercize this and se what happen

Br Arne // OZ4VW
06-06-2013, 05:50 PM,
You can download many times as you need. Only need to change the date and time at GET QSO FRM LOTW and QSL FRM. Then you will get all the QSL´s since this date.
You can download this file from LOTW directly from YOUR QSO´s / DOWNLOAD REPORTS / SHOW QSLs RECEIVED SINCE (date) and set INCLUDE QSL DETAIL.

I´m not sure if this is what you want.....
10-06-2013, 09:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-06-2013, 09:07 AM by hb9rxc.)
Hi ALL,

I ran some other tests during WE about the problem with the new LoTW field named APP_LoTW_MODEGROUP.

- for sure, this is a new field added by LoTW, independently of tsql version
- SWL doesn't have a database field to store this information
- SWL every time is syncing with LoTW complains for this behaviour, showing the infamous window asking where and how to map the missing field. (only on new restart of SWL ...)
- This happens also when trying to import any ADIF file than contain fields that SWL doesn't have / understand.
- If you map by hand APP_LoTW_MODEGROUP to SWL field, this mapping will not be saved anywhere for the next time.

So, for simple, any time you are syncing SWL to LoTW, simply ignore this "mapping request" just pressing continue and forget it. It's sad but so it is.

Anyway SWL doesn't use this information for any purposes (yet).

Maybe in future relesase of SWL ( ??? ), programmer will add this field / mapping too, let us live more confortable.

Finally, recently I give a try to some other log-software and decided to stay whit SWL anyway !! What do you think about ???

Ciao, Pietro
20-06-2013, 05:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-06-2013, 05:57 PM by EA3GCV.)
Dear users,

I have been doing some testings under Windows XP and Windows 8 and that's my personal conclusion:

- Using LoTW version 1.14.1 under Windows XP or Windows 8 I always got the same error syncronising with Swisslog. It seems that some users haven't got any problems with this version but this is not the general behaviour. So I highly recommend you to still use version 1.13.

- During syncronization, when Swisslog prompts you to assign a field to APP_LoTW_MODEGROUP, select the Swisslog field C_NOTE (or L_NOTE if you wish). Don't use any of the Diploma fields (such as SPEZ) because some statistics can be affected!! That's why I suggest you to use C_NOTE or L_NOTE which are comments fields. Ignoring this manual mapping will result that certain QSO won't be never sincronised to LoTW! Following this simple instructions all QSO's will be syncronized regarding which mode were worked on.

The right field in Swisslog for the APP_LoTW_MODEGROUP would be the Report Mode name. However this is not a QSO field and can't be assigned internally in Swisslog. This new LotW field is simply not useful at all (for Swisslog). But LoTW requires that this field must be assigned to any field in the target program otherwise LoTW won't syncronise such QSO's. That's why mapping it to a comment field won't hurt your log and LotW sync will work ok.

Swisslog is as it is now and unfortunately Walter won't be able to fix this... I own the source code of Swisslog but I'm not an experienced programmer so unfortunately I'm not able to continue developing Swisslog as it's my desire. However I will try to look at the code if I'm able to assign this new LoTW to C_NOTE to avoid manual mapping of it...

Meanwhile using LoTW version 1.13 and mapping the new field to C_NOTE or L_NOTE everything is running perfect.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog