Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New contact log error - Mode not changing using CAT
29-04-2024, 02:54 PM,
New contact log error - Mode not changing using CAT
Hello all,

I have been using the same CAT setup with my FTDX5000MP and another Yaesu radio for years now and have changed nothing apart from the last update of Swisslog and I noticed this error. 

The Frequency panel displays correctly and I can change the TCVR mode from it, however adding a new contact to the log adds the correct frequency but not the correct mode, this is now causing lots of logging errors.

Is anybody having the same issue?  Huh

Many thanks, Neil
29-04-2024, 03:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 29-04-2024, 03:29 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: New contact log error - Mode not changing using CAT
Hello Neil,

Make sure the "Do not set mode from TX" option in the QSO Entry window is not checked. This option is checked automatically when linked to external programs (such as WSJT-X. MiXW, FLDIGI) to set the right QSO mode and not radio mode because digital modes are all worked in USB. Swisslog reads this setting when the QSO Entry option is open. I do this to restore the "user setting" for this option when unlinked from external programs. I guess it's checked. Normally, when unlinked, Swisslog should restore the user setting for such option. But sometimes may fail. Once you check this option close then open the QSO Entry window to "tell" Swisslog this is your default setting. Male also sure the Options / Save desktop at exit is checked.

Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
29-04-2024, 04:55 PM,
RE: New contact log error - Mode not changing using CAT
Hello Jordi,

Thank you for your quick reply and it is exactly as you suspected. It may have happened as I was using MHSV with Swisslog a week ago and set it to link and log.

Something that I need to look out for.  Rolleyes

Many thanks and best 73,
Neil  Smile