Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S-Meter CAT COM IC-7610 5.108 Beta Jan+Feb-24
28-02-2024, 11:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 28-02-2024, 11:22 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: S-Meter CAT COM IC-7610 5.108 Beta Jan+Feb-24
Hi Eric,

S-Meter function has always worked with ICOM since I implemented this function. I don't know why you are having this issue. I have an IC-756Pro3 and works perfectly. I have also tested with an IC-9700 and works as well with latest beta. All ICOMs works the same way for S-Meter.

In order to make sure the S-Meter function works, you have to select ICOM as transceiver control function. Check the "Start automatically" checkbox. I also suggest to check the "Show TX Status on toolbar". As explained in the Transceiver control chapter in the Swislsog help, turn ON the CI-V Transceive option in your radio menu. Then set 0 and the field "Time between two TX QRG queries in 1/10 seconds). This enables radio to send all changes automatically and disables polling from Swisslog to read mode and frequency, releasing a lot the COM port traffic. The S-Meter values are always polled to get it from the radio (as you have already seen in the COM Monitor window).

If after doing this is still not working I guess it's a Wine issue because under Windows works perfectly. Make sure you add exceptions in your antivirus to the Swisslog folder and also add and exception to the SwisslV5.exe file in your firewall to allow all outgoing/incoming traffic for all kind of networks.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog

Messages In This Thread
RE: S-Meter CAT COM IC-7610 5.108 Beta Jan+Feb-24 - by EA3GCV - 28-02-2024, 11:21 PM