Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
View Logbook behaviour
18-01-2024, 05:28 PM,
View Logbook behaviour
HI Jordi
any changes I make in the Powerquery  (move column order) or if I drag columns over in the logbook view no longer appear to be working... I am saving the changes but when I come out or relaunch the program...  I have tried saving the desktop & I already have "save desktop at exit" enabled.

Clive
18-01-2024, 05:35 PM,
RE: View Logbook behaviour
Hi Clive,

If you edit the query and it doesn't appear as you wanted (i e. column query order), delete de RPL file which has de same query name. RPL files are created to save the user customizations of a query, which overrides some query definitions. So delete ir and load again the query.

Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
18-01-2024, 05:45 PM,
not really helped... strangely when I preview the report in Power Query the report looks correct.. I finally managed to make it present the correct view by closing the View Logbook view & then used View Logbook Selection & reopened it.. I tried this again with another column. the only way I can make it work is be deleting the RPL again...

Clive
21-01-2024, 11:31 PM,
The RPL is always created when you start any query. But the first time you open a query it will be displayed as it was defined. If you make any changes in the logbook view (delete or moving any column) this will be saved in the RPL file. So when the best way to restart que query to the default definition is to delete the RPL.

Jordi, EA3GCV
11-02-2024, 02:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2024, 04:04 PM by EI4KF.)
(18-01-2024, 05:45 PM)G4NAQ Wrote: not really helped... strangely when I preview the report in Power Query the report looks correct.. I finally managed to make it present the correct view by closing the View Logbook view & then used View Logbook Selection & reopened it..  I tried this again with another column.  the only way I can make it work is be deleting the RPL again...

Clive

I have the same problem, Clive. The only "solution" is to do as you say but this is not really a solution because any changes that I do want saved are lost with the RPL deletion. The only sure fire way that I have found is to make the RPL file and edit it as you want it using whatever editor you have to hand (I use notepad++). Otherwise I seem to get in a mess. The Logbook View is not the same as the Power Query and I have even managed to have columns disappear even though 'Show' is ticked.
12-02-2024, 12:50 AM,
Hi,

Yes, the RPL created in the Logbook view is not very reliable sometimes. I don't know why, probably a small bug in the logbook view component. The solution from Erik is also very good. Personally, I do all changes directly in the Power Query which is most reliable and never fails. If you are modifying an existing query, remember to delete the RPL because it prevails over the original RPG file.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV