Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
synchronizing LoTW not working
30-11-2023, 10:51 PM,
synchronizing LoTW not working
Hi
I have a new computer and apparently failed to transfer the setup but to me it looks all alike
I get the following  message

How can I find out, what the msitake is to correct it ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Martin
DK3UW
01-12-2023, 01:07 AM,
RE: synchronizing LoTW not working
Hi,

This happens because you have not configured properly TQSL & Swislsog. If you still have the old computer, open TQSL then go to File / Save certificates, station locations and configuration. In a single file you have EVERYTHING! no need to request new certificates. Then in your new computer simply RESTORE this file and you will have TQSL exactly as it was in the old computer. This is a MUST to be done to keep a backup copy of your certificates and configuration. If something goes wrong or you change the computer (or you want to install TQSL in a another computer) is as simple as installing TQSL and restore this file.

Now probably you have requested new certificates and you can't do this operation again. So now open TQSL then create your station locations again for every certificate. It's very important to know if certifcate are passwrod protected or not (check certificate propeties).

Now open Swisslog and go to Tools / LOTW synchronization > Configuration tab. In the Station / QTH left section you will need to assign again the TQSL Station locations to the corresponding My QTH (it's a drop dow list which reads the contents from TQSL). In the Password section make sure to set a password for every certificate (if any). Don't confuse the password certificate with the password used to LOG IN in your LOTW account.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
02-12-2023, 10:23 AM,
hello Jordi,

I did copy everything from TQSL and Swisslog has copied the certificates. To me everything looks like on the old laptop.  When I am back at the station I will try to make screenshots.
Martin
DK3UW
02-12-2023, 09:03 PM,
I looked again at my setup and I can't find the mistake. The certificates in TQSL are identical and the way they appear in Swisslog look alike. I can't verify the passwords but if I click on open LOTW website it does open. I have no passwords on the certificates. 

Any other screenshot, that could help ?

Martin
DK3UW

Martin
DK3UW
02-12-2023, 09:29 PM,
one more screenshot and after updating I got the attached report.

Martin
DK3UW
02-12-2023, 11:18 PM,
strange iI just tried again and synchronising does not work so I clicked on import LOTW QSO's and then all the rest worked. So apparently the problem is with the first task "hole LO'TW QSO's
Martin
DK3UW
04-12-2023, 03:17 AM,
Hi Martin,

First of all you say you don't have passwords in your certificates, however you have SET a password in the DK3UW certifcate in the Swisslog LOTW configuration! So if you don't have any password assigned to the DK3UW certificate, you need to leave it blank in Swisslog (see first screenshot).

Secondly, you need to CHECK both QSO SINCE and QSL SINCE, otherwise you are doing ANYTHING! Then press the Start synch and Swisslog will do all the work.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
05-12-2023, 02:12 PM,
thanks Jordi,

I knew it was something trivial I had overlooked. Seems to work now

Martin
DK3UW
Martin
DK3UW