Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LoTW Sync Password error on new certificate
31-10-2023, 01:44 PM,
LoTW Sync Password error on new certificate
I have just renewed my TQSL certificate yesterday and imported the new cert back into TQSL.  When I try to sync with LoTW I am now getting prompted for a password (to which I just click OK) for the certificate and the sync fails with SIG-FAILED.. I have not set a password & when I check within TQSL the passphrase is shown as none...

Please can someone tell me what silly mistake I have made??

Thanks

Clive
31-10-2023, 01:52 PM,
RE: LoTW Sync Password error on new certificate
Hi Clive,

If you have not set any password to the certificate, make sure you have added a Station Location in TQSL as well.

Now open Swisslog and go to Tools / LoTW synchronization - Configuration tab and leave blank the password field BESIDES the certificate callsign (right upper side). The LoTW web login details are in the bottom part (this has nothing to do for signing, only to login and retrieve QSLs).

In the left side select Station / QTH and make sure you select the right LoTW Station to the corresponding My QTH (it's a drop down list).

LoTW synch should run perfectly now.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
31-10-2023, 02:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 31-10-2023, 02:08 PM by G4NAQ.)
(31-10-2023, 01:52 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Clive,

If you have not set any password to the certificate, make sure you have added a Station Location in TQSL as well.

Now open Swisslog and go to Tools / LoTW synchronization - Configuration tab and leave blank the password field BESIDES the certificate callsign (right upper side). The LoTW web login details are in the bottom part (this has nothing to do for signing, only to login and retrieve QSLs). 

In the left side select Station / QTH and make sure you select the right LoTW Station to the corresponding My QTH (it's a drop down list).

LoTW synch should run perfectly now.

Best 73

Thanks Jordi, something else must be wrong as my passwords panel is not showing anything in the certificates box so it does not appear to have recognised my certificate?  the station/QTH is showing my correct location (which is my callsign) and matches with TQSL.

Clive
31-10-2023, 05:00 PM,
Hi Clive,

Please send me screenshots of all your setup (either in TQSL and Swisslog) to support@swisslogforwindows.com. But something you have missed, because LoTW synch works perfectly. This is a typhical error when user has not configured all properly. Check also the QSO end date of your certificate. Maybe you have set an end date and it's causing this issue.

Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
31-10-2023, 05:12 PM,
(31-10-2023, 05:00 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Clive,

Please send me screenshots of all your setup (either in TQSL and Swisslog) to support@swisslogforwindows.com. But something you have missed, because LoTW synch works perfectly. This is a typhical error when user has not configured all properly. Check also the QSO end date of your certificate. Maybe you have set an end date and it's causing this issue.

Thanks Jordi, email sent... cert has end date of 2026

Clive
01-11-2023, 09:42 AM,
The following advice from Jordi resolved the problem.

- Shutdown Swisslog
- Delete the file C:\Swisslog\LOTW\SWL_LOTW.INI
- Restart Swisslog
- Recreate the LOTW configuration (the certificate now showed correctly)
- Resync (you may want to change the dates otherwise it will start from 1900)

Thanks Jordi !