Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to setup Multiuser logging
14-09-2023, 11:17 AM,
How to setup Multiuser logging
Hello,
did not find yet, how to  setup swisslog for  (family) use?

e.g
dl5ym
dl5yl
dk0....
dl0....

and may be
foreign calls  like ok/dl5ym  etc.

Calls should have all seperate databases and seperate (personal) settings

nothing found in Helptexts

Fred
dl5ym
14-09-2023, 11:47 AM,
RE: How to setup Multiuser logging
Hi Fred,

This is explained in the My QTH chapter. You have to create as much as My QTH entries as the different callsigns or QTH you have. Although you don't own the other callsigns because belong to family members, in order to make things easier I suggest you to add a My QTH entry for every callsign of your family. Of course total QSO in the database will be the sum of all QSOs of your family, but all QSOs will be perfectly assigned to the corresponding My QTH / Working condiition / Event. When a member of your family wants to operate, simply have to select the corresponding My QTH entry in the My QTH tab of the QSO Entry window. The window title will show the current My QTH / Working conditions / Event selected.

If you use LoTW synch I suggest to add all your family callsigns to the same LoTW account. All credits are count separated for every callsign. This way with only 2 mouse clicks Swisslog will synch all the callsigns to LoTW automatically.

When you want to display statistic reports for the different awards, you can select the corresponding My QTH to know totals, detail, etc. for all or every different My QTH. You can also create a new database for every callsign. But the operation is a bit more complicated, because you need to open every database when you want to operate. As I have explained it's much easier to use a single database and different My QTH.

Now it's up to you to select the method fits better to you.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
17-09-2023, 03:24 PM,
Hello,
hmm will need seperate ADIF-exports for all used calls, + daily reports (QSO-numbers made daily ) including (wish) Operator-ID in aADIF-file as done with contestlogs.

We have family 2 different QTHs ( other LOC) today "synced" with ADIF-files.
we have 2 calls ( dl5yl + dl5ym) and use from time to time several clubcalls ( actual: dl0yly, dk0fws, dl0mol,) + special calls as mmembers in a special-event-group
( actual: dl75brd, dm23buga, dr100rd...changes from time to time)
Old log includes OK8ym/YN and HB0/homecall
All in one database ? What is the limit ? 1.000.000 QSOs and more ?

need a clear (ADIF)export for each callsign incl. Culb/Special calls with ADIF=OP Field if possible.

that all cann be done with seperate MY QTH ?
Asked (german)helpfile but ii is not with any example :-)

Fred
dl5ym

ps: LotW still not used
17-09-2023, 04:40 PM,
Hi Fred,

Could you explain why you need to create ADIF files? You can do it easily in Swisslog, regardless the My QTH used. It's as simple of goung to View / Logbook view (select) then select the ADIf exportation folder and the Standard ADIF v3 query. Simply filter by the MyQTH then export into ADIF. You can apply date filters (or any otherfilter) if you need to export a period of dates etc. There is no limit! This procedure has to be done regardless you use a single database of different databases.

If you use other callsigns which you are not the owner, I suggest you use different databases for every call. The same for the callsigns usee from different DXCC entities.

The Swissoog database has no limit. There are user with more than 500000 QSOS. Of course the bigger the database the more powerful PC you need.

According to your reply, I think the best method for you is to use different databases for every callsign then open every database when you need it.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
20-09-2023, 08:57 AM,
Hello,
special call, Clubcall : the trustee needs the Log

own Calls: serveral software wants (only) ADIF ... e.g. for FOC competitions I need a ADIF per month/year ( selectable date1 to date2)

Hmm first load an example ... and think different databases will help, search for backup and sycronize logs on our two locations.
It will not be done on one day, at least looking for connect to RTTY-Decoders (MMTTY, Fldigi)

Fred