Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Access violation after using WSJT-X / JTDX band map
06-09-2023, 09:46 AM,
Access violation after using WSJT-X / JTDX band map
I can us JTDX with the band map for hours without problems. However when I close JTDX and the band map, I get Access violation errors. Can take five minutes but sooner or later they pop-up. When I click OK the pop-up goes away, only to show up minutes later. If I don't remove the error window, I got a whole stack of them.
The only way to get this solved is to close Swisslog and start it again.

Swisslog version: 5.107 (beta)
JTDX version: 2.2.159-32A 

73, Storm (PG5FRL)

06-09-2023, 11:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-09-2023, 11:42 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Access violation after using WSJT-X / JTDX band map
Hi Storm,

I can't reproduce this issue here. All is working well when I close JTDX or even closing the WSJT Band Map after JTDX is closed. No errors at all. Make sure you have added exceptions to the Swisslog and JTDX\bin folders to your antivirus. Also allow all incoming/outgoing communications to the Swislsog/JTDX executable files in your firewall. ALL THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!! Otherwise your antivirus/firewall may interfere causing unexpected results.

Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
06-09-2023, 04:00 PM,
Thanks for the response Jordi, quick as always.
Did check the AV and firewall, problem is still there. I guess Windblows is acting up after some experiments with software. O well, it is time to reinstall Windblows again anyway. Let you know if that solved the problem (will be tomorrow)

73 Storm (PG5FRL)
07-09-2023, 01:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-09-2023, 01:12 AM by EA3GCV.)
Hi,

Unfortunately latest Windows updates are causing many issues regarding Swisslog and "older" 32 bits applications. Read the FAQ section and especifically the "Swisslog is not launching at all". UAC (User Account Control) is causing this issue. Follow the instructions I explain in this section. This not only affects Swisslog but other ham applications so apply the same instructions to CW Skimmer and all other applications you may experience issues.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
07-09-2023, 07:59 AM,
Hello Jordi,

Trying that now... I love Windows, always a challenge Sad

73, Storm (PG5FRL)
07-09-2023, 10:19 AM,
Hi Jordi,

Me again... Didn't solve the problem, so I'm going to do a fresh Windows 10 install.
Noticed one thing: after changing the DEP settings, Swisslog started a lot quicker and the overall perfomance is now a lot more responsive. So not all bad news.

73, Storm (PG5FRL)
10-09-2023, 07:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-09-2023, 07:09 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hi Storm,
I have noticed lots of issues regarding stuck updates causing CPU usage at 50-100% in standby (with any software running). This is a clear sympthom that the OS is not working properly and Swisslog is "complaining" but it's not the cause.

Before installing W10 from scratch try to repair your operating system. Execute SFC /SCANNOW running CMD with administrative privileges and solve stuck updates. I highly recommend you to use a very useful tool called FixWin:. https://www.thewindowsclub.com/fixwin-wi...r-software

The link to download this program is this:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/downloads/FixWin11.zip

With this tool you can repair Windows and have a lots of options (like the one running the SFC /SCANNOW, repair Windows Update and much more). I use it often and habe save my life many times.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
14-09-2023, 07:16 AM,
Hello Jordi,

Tried FixWin11. So far so good, haven't see this error again in the past hour. Thank you very much for this one!

73, Storm (PG5FRL)