Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slice Master + CWSkimmer
01-09-2023, 01:07 PM,
Slice Master + CWSkimmer
Hi, 
Does anyone is using Slice Master and CW Skimmer with Swisslog? 
All is fine, except when I click on the callsign Swisslog is not populate.
73 Jean.
01-09-2023, 04:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-09-2023, 04:45 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Slice Master + CWSkimmer
Hi Jean,

Do you mean that clicking on a callsign on CWSkimmer it's not passed into the QSO Entry window? this has nothing to do with the transceiver control used. Is the CW button in green colour? if not the Cw Skimmer Telnet server is not active or your antivirus/firewall is blocking the communication. In Cw Skimer go to View > Settings > Network and make sure the "Enable Telnet Server" option is checked in port 7300. You need to press the CW button in Swisslog to enable the link between CW Skimmer and Swisslog. Please read carefully the chapter "Working with CW Skimmer" in the Swisslog help:

https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/engli...#CWSkimmer

It's very important to add exceptions in your antivirus and firewall either to Swislsog and CW Skimmer. Otherwise you may probably have communication issues.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
03-09-2023, 11:32 AM,
Hello Jordi,
Thanks for fast reply. CW button is red until I click on it. When I do that they launch another instance of CW SM even if it's already running. If I close this second CW SM button remain green.
7300 port is all open, no firewall blocking. I can telnet connect to port 7300 by telnet and get CW SM cluster info.
Any other idea welcome.
73 Jean.
05-09-2023, 04:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2023, 04:57 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hi Jean,

It's all very weird. If Cw Skimmer is already launched, when you press the CW button, no other instance should be launched. I have tested here and works perfectly. Which CW Skimmer version are you running? I have version 2.0. When the CW button is green and you see in the lower right part of CW Skimmer "Tln: 1 user" the communication between Swisslog and CW Skimmer is correct. So clicking on a callsign on CW Skimmer will enter such call in the QSO Entry of Swisslog and CW mode is selected.

If you have added exceptions either to Swisslog and CW Skimmer in your antivirus and firewall, review you don't have another software which may be blocking the communication (such spywares). You will have to add exceptions to Swislsog and CW Skimmer in such programs as well. But the link between Cw Skimmer and Swisslog works perfectly.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog