Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Numerous errors upon installing vers 5.107
31-08-2023, 06:59 AM,
Numerous errors upon installing vers 5.107
Hello Jordi

Trust all is well with you and your family

Recently I installed new version 5.107 and now my logbook is not working. I have the following problems

Access violation at address 00D75E5D in Swisslog IV5.exe Read of address 00000000 (constant pop up)
Transceiver interface no longer connects
Invalid pointer operation - Fatal error - qso window not created.
The software also seems very slow now - running a Ryzen 9 pc so should be OK.

I assume I must have done something wrong when loading the new version 5.107 but not sure what I have done wrong?

Any ideas.

Cheers and Thanks
Paul - vk4ma
31-08-2023, 11:55 AM,
RE: Numerous errors upon installing vers 5.107
Hi Paul,

Which transceiver option are you using? Also make sure you have added exceptions to the Swisslog folder in your antivirus and also allow all outgoong/incoming communications to the Swisslog executable in your firewall. This is VERY IMPORTANT! Unfortunately many antivirus believe a virus changed the executable when upgrading Swisspog and blocks , interfere or slow down Swisslog.

Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
27-09-2023, 12:04 PM,
RE: Numerous errors upon installing vers 5.107
Hi Paul,

I have also detected that the "Enable networking" option in the Options menu, if enabled, caused some errors. This is solved in the latest beta. You can use latest beta (read this thread https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum...php?fid=27) or disable this option because it's still under test and not working properly.

Please let me know if this solves this issue.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog