Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beta 1th, 9th April freezes
14-04-2023, 07:57 AM,
Beta 1th, 9th April freezes
Beta Versions: 1th and 9th April. Environment: Windows 7.

Swisslog has a response time of up to 2 minutes. Also bandmap and DX messages window freeze.
I reverted to version 30.3.2023 and everything works great.
14-04-2023, 08:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 14-04-2023, 08:38 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Beta 1th, 9th April freezes
Hi,

It's practically MANDATORY to make sure you have added exceptions to the Swisslog folder in your antivirus and also add exception to the Swisslog executable file (SwisslV5.exe) in you firewall to allow all incoming/outgoing communications. Also you need to add a exception to Swisslog to the Windows DEP. Please read the FAQ Section of the website: Support > FAQ > Swisslog is not launching at all. Often, when changing the executable file from a certain date, system believe this change has been made for a virus and weird things may happen.

If after doing all this you still have issues, please contact me to arrange a remote Teamviewer session to try to find out what's the reason of your issue according to your setup. I use beta daily (and also other beta testers) with no issues at all. But you need to make sure first you have added all the above exceptions in your system. Adding a exception to the Windows DEP (Data Execute Prevention) is also very important, specially for Windows 7.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog