Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer of SWISSLOG to another PC
17-03-2023, 12:28 PM,
RE: Transfer of SWISSLOG to another PC
Hi Christof,

vln dnk für Deine Antwort und die Bereitschaft, mich zu unterstützen.
mni tnx fer ur response and your willingness to assist.

1) Folgendes habe ich bisher erreicht:
1.1) Die Datafile (mehr als 100 K QSOs aus verschiedenen Standorten und verschiedenen Contesten)wurde erfolgreich in die OneDrive Cloud übertragen
1.2) Beide Computer (großer, alter PC und mein NB) greifen erfolgreich auf die Datafile in der Cloud zu
1.3) Damit sind beide Rechner ohne Zurhilfenahme externer Laufwerke (USB-Sticks) voll synchronisiert
1) Meanwhile the following has been successfully achieved:
1.1)The Swisslog-datafile (more than 100 K QSOs from various locations and events) has been successfully implemented in the OneDrive cloud
1.2) Both computers (big old PC and modern NB) successfully make use of the datafile in the cloud.
1.3) This way both computers are fully synchronized without the help of any external hardware like external drives resp. USB-sticks

2) Mein verbleibendes Problem:
2) My only problem remaining:

2.1) Gelegentlich würde ich gerne meine große QSO-Datei sichern
2.1) Occasionally I would like to safeguard my big data file with all the info for more than 100 K QSOs

2.2) Ich habe die Sicherung bisher immer über <Datei-->Datenbank sichern> ausgeführt
2.2) In the past I safeguarded the datafile via <file-->save>

2.3) Fragen:
2.3) Questions:

2.3.1) Welchen Dateinamen wähle ich, damit die Datei nach einer evt. Wiederherstellung in der Cloud gefunden wird?
2.3.1) Which name for the file do I use in order to assure that the file will be automaticalle found by both PCs in case the original file got lost/corrupted

2.3.2) Wo speichere ich die Datei, damit sie die Originaldatei in der Cloud möglichst problemlos ersetzen kann.
2.3.2) Where do I save the back up file in oder to make sure that it may easily substitute the original file in case something goes wrong with the original file.

Vielen Dank schon im Voraus für Deine Hilfe!
Mni tnx in advance for your help!

Rudy, DJ3WE

PS: Jordi, wie machst Du das mit den Englischen Übersetzungen? Gibt es da einen Automatismus oder machst Du das "händisch"? Ich habe das "nach alter Väter Sitte" händisch gemacht. Etwas mühsam.....
PS: Jordi, how do you bring about the English translation? Is there a way to do that automatically or do you do that manually? I did it the old fashioned way, i.e. manually. Slightly bothersome....

Messages In This Thread
Transfer of SWISSLOG to another PC - by DJ3WE - 07-03-2023, 07:05 PM
RE: Transfer of SWISSLOG to another PC - by DJ3WE - 16-03-2023, 04:12 PM
RE: Transfer of SWISSLOG to another PC - by DJ3WE - 17-03-2023, 12:28 PM