Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Band Map
12-12-2022, 09:23 PM,
Band Map
I've been trying to understand how the "band map" works.  I'm on 10m and 20m as they are quite busy.  I have "cat" configured in the "band map windows, but all i get is pretty must FT8 callsigns showing up with the "band map".  I'm new to SWL and i'm sure i'm doing something wrong.  Any advice?

Also, is there a way to have the "DX Messages" window to filter messages for a given band?  I'd like to click a button (without going deep into the menus) and see messages for only 10m or 15m, etc..  Same for only CW, Digital, FT8, etc...

O.C. - NG7E
12-12-2022, 11:48 PM,
RE: Band Map
Hello,

Which band map are you using? Swisslog provides 2 band maps: one for Dx messages and other specifically to monitor WSJT-X. They are a bit different. You can filter or exclude any mode but keep in mind that modes are not sent in clusters. Swisslog is able to detect some digital modes if included in the spot comments. Otherwise it calculates the mode according the defined band map.

I will add your suggestion to the wish list for a future, but currently you will have to do it via pop up menu. Or use band maps as a good complement for Dx message windows. You can have as much as you like (the same as Band Maps) for different bands, modes etc.

Please read the Dx Cluster > Band Maps chapter in the Swisslog help as well as Other features > WSJT-X / JTDX Band Maps (or press F1 while having focus any window to get direct help to the selected function).

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
13-12-2022, 12:58 AM,
(12-12-2022, 11:48 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello,

Which band map are you using? Swisslog provides 2 band maps: one for Dx messages and other specifically to monitor WSJT-X. They are a bit different. You can filter or exclude any mode but keep in mind that modes are not sent in clusters. Swisslog is able to detect some digital modes if included in the spot comments. Otherwise it calculates the mode according the defined band map.

I will add your suggestion to the wish list for a future, but currently you will have to do it via pop up menu. Or use band maps as a good complement for Dx message windows. You can have as much as you like (the same as Band Maps) for different bands, modes etc.

Please read the Dx Cluster > Band Maps chapter in the Swisslog help as well as Other features > WSJT-X / JTDX Band Maps (or press F1 while having focus any window to get direct help to the selected function).

Best 73

Jordi.. thank you for your response.  I'm speaking of DX Messages.  While i know that we can use commands at the cluster level to build how we receive the cluster messages, that's not what i'm looking for.  At the moment, i just want to see what a specific band is doing.  I understand that you can enable/disable "cat"... but, as mentioned, i'm only seeing a few set of spots between 14000 and 14100
13-12-2022, 01:00 AM,
(13-12-2022, 12:58 AM)ng7e Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 11:48 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello,

Best 73

Jordi.. thank you for your response.  I'm speaking of DX Messages.  While i know that we can use commands at the cluster level to build how we receive the cluster messages, that's not what i'm looking for.  At the moment, i just want to see what a specific band is doing.  I understand that you can enable/disable "cat"... but, as mentioned, i'm only seeing a few set of spots between 14000 and 14100

13-12-2022, 09:50 AM,
Which Telnet server are you connecting to? Keep in mind that maybe you have a filter in the server level that's the reason you are only watching a few spots in Swisslog. You can check which spots you are receiving from the Telnet server in the Telnet window (View > Telnet control window > Active servers then click on the Telnet button which belongs to the selected Telnet) then check if the spots displayed in this window matches with the ones you are displaying on Band Maps. You have no filter set on Band Maps so it should match for the selected band.

Enabling CAT forces Band Map to follow radio band so keep this in mind as well.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog