Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
annoying RST entry
20-11-2022, 09:10 AM,
annoying RST entry
Beta Version 20Nov: it's not possible to select an entry that's in lower part of drop down list, list jumps always to top.
Also an input made by hand, for example '46' selects something completely different in list. The only possibility for me is to delete the whole field and then entering the new value.
Could you revert these feature?
20-11-2022, 12:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-11-2022, 01:19 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: annoying RST entry
Hello,

I can't reproduce the issue you describe. I can select any value from the list and also I can type manually any value different from the list with no issues. There is no need to add a non existring value to the list by editing the SwisslV5.ini unless user want to include a specific RST Entry in the list. Simply type the new value then press Enter. It works exactly as in previous versions but now users have a dropdown list to select some values easily. Keep in mind that if you open the list and you take some seconds to select a value the default RST value will be selected again, that's the reason it goes up again. I have made now dozens of tests succesfully. However I have just uploaded a new executable (use the same link) because I fixed a small thing and try again. 

If you still have issues, could you please make a short video where I can see this issue and send it to support@swisslogforwindows.com ? 

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
20-11-2022, 01:32 PM,
Hi all,

I have no problem with the new "drop down RST-menu". It works like a charm. And it gives me the opportunity to use mouse when entering the report when working well known stations. Easy-peasy. I also tested to write a "53A" just to check if it still works. Works fine.

I would like the "drop down RST-menu" to show all 519-599 - now it shows from 529-599 in my setup...

Thanks for your work, Jordi !
73 de Lars, LB2TB
"New user" of Swisslog from 20.01.2020 (5.99F)
Previous user of Swisslog 1993-2010.
20-11-2022, 02:16 PM,
Hello,

I'm checking the new version and the RST drop menu is working fine in my system, I can enter any value of the drop list with the mouse or typing the signal, even if this signal is out of the list.
Very useful this new function Smile ! 

73 Jose 
EA2K
20-11-2022, 03:04 PM,
I sent a little video to Jordi.
What I found out: When I stop the DX alerts in view/schedules/DX alerts everything works fine again!
I only disabled the alert function without changing the entries.
Now when it works normally it's a great function.
20-11-2022, 08:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-11-2022, 08:47 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hi all,

I have set to display 30 values in the drop down list. Previously was limited to display 8 values and was needed to refresh under some scenarios and could be the reason of this weird issue. Now the list it's fully displayed with no side bars (except for digital modes working on db because there are 61 values).

Please replace the EXE and test again. I hope this issue is solved definitely.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
20-11-2022, 09:03 PM,
Hi Jordi,

report: problem solved!

Now this drop down stuff works like a charm. It's really comfortable to work with.

*Issue closed*