Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
remove unwanted,unused entries in dropdown
23-09-2022, 09:09 AM,
remove unwanted,unused entries in dropdown
Hi,

we have in the dopdown of SAT-name and modes a very long list of entries.
I only use 3-4 entries .  Selecting these entries with keyboard/mouse take some time.
It there any possibility to hide the unused entries without complete deleting?

Torsten, dg7ro
23-09-2022, 11:49 AM,
RE: remove unwanted,unused entries in dropdown
Hi Tornsten,

The list includes all current and old satellites and you accepts incremental search so by only typing the first letter you can easily select the most close name. These list is stored in the SATNAMES.TXT file you will find in the C:\Swisslog folder. You can rename it or even delete it. When you use it next time Swisslog will create it again with only the satellite names found in your logbook Remember that this file is overwritten on every Swisslog upgrade.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
23-09-2022, 02:13 PM,
Cool. Works.
Is that also possible to limit the modulation Mode dropdown where ssb, cw, ft8,thor,v4 etc is listed?
25-09-2022, 11:55 AM,
You can delete unused modes but I don't suggest you to do it. There are other places related to the mode ID number especially all about digital modes: report modes and some statistics. So you can get unexpected results in some statistic when New modes will be added. Because all is related to the mode ID number not the real mode name. I have found a case from an user who deleted many modes having some issues on this. It should work with no issues for most users but I prefer to let you know the possible side effects of doing this. Keep a copy of your current database just in case and give it a try.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog