Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Country Table
29-07-2022, 10:21 PM,
Country Table
Since July 2013 I have been updating the Country Table for the benefit of Swisslog users. The time has now come for me end my association with Swisslog which I have used since 1987.

In the words of The Terminator (rather apt as it happens) and the British Prime Minister: hasta la vista, baby.

Erik G0CGL / EI4KF
02-08-2022, 08:11 PM,
RE: Country Table
Good evening Erik

Thanks for your help in the past with my queries here on the forum.

Can I ask you, do you change your log program completely?

What are your reasons and which log program will you use in the future.

73 de HB9TZU
Christo
Christof
03-08-2022, 08:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2022, 08:40 AM by EI4KF.)
RE: Country Table
Hello Christo,

You are welcome. No, I do not change away from Swisslog. In my personal opinion it is by far the most complete and useful logging software (outside of the contest environment).

But there have been serious issues with providing some feedback on Swisslog versions and being treated reasonably while undertaking Country Table "keeper" responsibilities. I drew a line on this in my mind a while ago and it has recently been crossed, leaving me with no choice but to hand back Database maintenance in order to preserve some sense of principle.

I suppose, in order to retain the high level of data accuracy, Jordi will provide Table updates in a timely fashion or maybe appoint someone else to the task. Also, by using the weekly DX information releases, users can edit the Table themselves if they feel the need. Anyone wanting to get essential information into the Table, that has not been provided in an update, can email me or Jordi with either that information or to ask  for advice on how to do it. The preference would be to advise Jordi of new information, say on a DXpedition, so that everyone can benefit from an official update.

Meanwhile, keep on using Swisslog.

Regards,

Erik.