Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transceiver Control shows a 0 when fldigi is started
18-06-2022, 09:51 PM,
Transceiver Control shows a 0 when fldigi is started
Good evening

Until now I used Ham Radio Deluxe for transceiver control.

This worked quite well, but with the change to Swisslog I would like to replace HAM Radio Deluxe as transceiver control.

My transceiver is a Kenwood TS-590Sg and is connected to a micro Keyer III.

Today I changed the transceiver control in Swisslog to flrig and want to use fldigi for the digital modes.

Swisslog and flrig work together.

However, when I start fldigi, only 0 appears as the frequency in the Transceiver Control window of Swisslog.
A band change via Swisslog (band map) is no longer possible. A band change in fldigi works and in the QSO
input window the mode, the band and the QRG are correctly tracked. When fldigi is terminated, the transceiver
frequency is again displayed correctly in the window.

In FLdigi I have selected flrig in the Rig Control.

Does it have to be like this?
Does anyone also use flrig for transceiver control and fldigi for digital modes. What does the configuration in flrig and fldigi look like for you?

73 de Christof
HB9TZU
18-06-2022, 10:29 PM,
RE: Transceiver Control shows a 0 when fldigi is started
Hi Christof,

I will check tomorrow when I get home. Let me know which FLRIG version are you using to test with the same version. This worked well and even in latest versions. I suppose you have selected FLRIG as transceiver control in Swisslog. It's very important you add exceptions to Swisslog and FLRIG either in your antivirus and your firewall. They usually tend to Block the XML communication between both programs.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
19-06-2022, 08:44 AM,
Good day Jordi

I use flrig 1.4.5 and fldigi 4.1.22.
I have checked the firewall rules again and allowed all traffic. The situation is unchanged.

Many thanks Jordi

Greetings Christof / HB9TZU
19-06-2022, 10:11 AM,
Hi Christof,

I will check this out tonight and I will let you know.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
19-06-2022, 09:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-06-2022, 02:26 AM by EA3GCV.)
Hi Christof,

I have checked and works well. Effectively if you enable the link with FLDIGI, Swisslog disables the CAT control to read frequency and mode from the digital mode program (otherwise it would be reading the radio mode!). That's the reason you can't get control over the radio from Swisslog while you are connected to FLDIGI and 0 is displayed. This is a normal behaviour. If you want Swisslog to take control again over the radio then disconnected the link with FLDIGI by pressing the button in the add QSO window. You have to enable the link only when you are really working digital modes and you need the QSO to be passed into Swisslog.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
20-06-2022, 08:09 PM,
Good evening Jordi

Thank you very much for your feedback. Then I am reassured and the behaviour I described is fine.

73 de HB9TZU
Christof