Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Version (5.102) Callbook change
30-06-2021, 12:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 30-06-2021, 03:27 PM by MA3212SWL.)
New Version (5.102) Callbook change
"Corrected: nowadays many old callsigns have been assigned to new holders. So if you have a previous QSO with this callsign, the old name and QTH is set in the new QSO even if you read from Callbook databases. Now when reading from Callbook databases (and whenever you have set to fill out these fields automatilly), Swisslog will override operator, QTH, US State and County if it's different from the previous QSO. Old data stored in the Callbook table will be updated for such callsign."

Can this be turned off or made optional?

I have my online callbook look-up set to HamQTH. I have [painstakingly] been correcting and/or adding info to the "Station Details" tab for QSOs when the callbook has been wrong, incomplete or is out of date. For example adding operator names or nicknames if only initials are shown, correcting QTH locators when the callbook has a 'generic' one, adding or changing address when people have up to date info on QRZ etc.

This new change is now seemingly overwriting all my hard work often with old incorrect data or incomplete data. If I have manually entered information the program should automatically overwrite it without warning. It should at least highlight there is a difference between info stored from old QSO and that retrieved from the online callbook and give you the option of which one to use/keep.

Messages In This Thread
New Version (5.102) Callbook change - by MA3212SWL - 30-06-2021, 12:26 PM