Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swisslog functions slow during high DX Spot activity
24-11-2019, 03:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 24-11-2019, 03:34 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Swisslog functions slow during high DX Spot activity
Helll Erik,

Yes, I'm aware on this issue. Unfortunately it's a design problem of the DX message window. This don't happen if using band maps. I found out a solution to solve this issue but it has an important draw back: some spots will be missing. So I prefer you tell me which do you prefer. If I apply this solution in the code, Swisslog will run smoothly even with many DX messages windows. But there will be missing spots all the time.

You know that I would like to implement in the future the DX window Walter implemented in v6 which it's much better and doesn't have this issue. But you also know that I have to rewrite the full code of Swisslog in order to implement it, because it involves a new statistic function which affects the whole code of Swisslog. It's my intention to work on it but it's a very huge work which I will probable take years! It's like building a puzzle of 50000 pieces.

I can solve this issue but you know the drawback. What do you recommend me to do? Because this only happen in very specific scenarios, I could add another "hidden function" for advanced users. This would be to add a line in the Common section of the configuration file (Swisslv5.ini) to solve this issue in high traffic situations. Something like this to enable it:

DxWinHighSpotRate = 1

Because this is a very special scenario I prefer to add a hidden function instead of adding an option in the pop up menu. Because in fact it's a "partial solution" to a bug and user have to know perfectly the side effects of enabling this.

I am open to hear your suggestions about this. I'm working in a new version which I'm planning to release before Christmas so I can implement the solution you (users) decide.
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog

Messages In This Thread
RE: Swisslog functions slow during high DX Spot activity - by EA3GCV - 24-11-2019, 03:31 PM