Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BanMap (D)
02-05-2018, 02:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 02:09 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: BanMap (D)
Hello Manuel,

Suggestions are always welcome, just I wanted to inform you about the whole thing so that you can understand me better.

Regarding credits, if the downloaded file from LoTW would contain the credits fields, Swisslog is now able to read them. However, credits are contained in a separated file that must be downloaded apart with important lack of information. This is a real QSO record of this file:

<CALL:6>VE1BLX
<QSO_DATE:8>19900101
<APP_LoTW_MODEGROUP:4:S>DATA
<APP_LoTW_MODE:4:S>DATA
<BAND:3>10M
<DXCC:1>1
<COUNTRY:6>CANADA
<APP_LOTW_DELETED_ENTITY:2>No
<CREDIT_GRANTED:24>DXCC,DXCC_MODE,DXCC_BAND
<APP_LoTW_CREDIT_GRANTED:65:S>DXCC-M,DXCC-M-HR,DXCC-RTTY,DXCC-RTTY-HR,DXCC-10,DXCC-CHAL,DXCC-5B
<APP_LoTW_DXCC_APPLICATION_NR:5:S>00000
<APP_LoTW_DXCC_PROCESSED_DTG:19:S>1998-02-04 06:01:00

As you can see QSO record contains QSO date, band but mode is PHONE, CW or DATA. This is an important problem! for PHONE is easy to match because I can assign PHONE = SSB, CW is OK but what about all digital QSO where LoTW assign DATA as mode? Which was the real mode of operation?

Let's see and example: Just suppose that I worked the same station VE1BLX on the same date and band but at different time, one QSO on RTTY and other on FT8 (at different time). Which Swisslog QSO is the real credited? The one worked on RTTY or FT8? I know there won't be lot of cases like this. That's why I think that these fields should be included in the LoTW downloaded output file where all QSO data is included. If QSO time is included in this file it would be perfect to match.

I left my feedback in the LoTW developers group on 22nd february asking the possibility to add the credit/submitted fields as an option in the LoTW query. But I didn't get any answer... However, I will add it to my wish list and I will try to work on it when I finish the eQSL synch function to see if I found a solution.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog

Messages In This Thread
BanMap (D) - by ct1bxx - 01-05-2018, 01:09 AM
RE: BanMap (D) - by EA3GCV - 02-05-2018, 08:59 AM
RE: BanMap (D) - by ct1bxx - 02-05-2018, 12:18 PM
RE: BanMap (D) - by EA3GCV - 02-05-2018, 02:06 PM