Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IOTA and Clublog
21-04-2018, 07:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 21-04-2018, 08:00 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: IOTA and Clublog
Hello Fabrizio,

Well, according this document all matching Club Log QSOs will be credited so the other link who confirm that these are "LOTW for IOTA" is not right. LoTW doesn't means "electronic confirmation" but a specific way of confirmation using the Logbook of the World. This article creates confusion!

At this point you can do 3 things in Swisslog:

- Create a QSO Group called "IOTA credited QSO" and add the credited IOTA QSOs to this group. This way you will know exactly which QSOs are credited for IOTA (see the QSO Groups chapter in help to know who it works). However, there is a drawback: when asking IOTA statistic reports, these QSOs won't be detected as confimed because only QSL confirmations are valid.
- Use the Award administration tool by creating a definition for the IOTA award and set as CREDITED these Club Log QSOs. You will have the same drawback as the first option.
- Set the QSL confirmation (as you have done up to now) but setting "Club Log" or the word is better for you in the QSL Action field. This way you will know that these QSOs are not really confirmed by QSL card but for Club Log only for IOTA purposes. If you receive the physical QSL card someday you can change the QSL Action field by other you use (bureau, direct, etc).

Practically speaking and in order to do things easier, I think third option will be the best one because for IOTA you will get the right statistic reports. It creates another "little" drawback: this option can distort other statistics (i.e.: DXCC) because you don't really have this QSO confirmed but simply credited for IOTA. But I guess you won't get too many "confirmed" QSO in CLub Log and not confirmed by LotW. In most cases, an user who is using Club Log will use LoTW as well. I think in few cases you will have Club Log "confirmations" for IOTA and you won't get the LoTW confirmation. Your own experience from now on will confirm this or not.

Decide which option is best for you! if I were you I would use your current system (setting the QSL received flag) but changing the content of the QSL Action field.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog

Messages In This Thread
IOTA and Clublog - by IK6DLK - 20-04-2018, 03:20 PM
RE: IOTA and Clublog - by ct1bxx - 20-04-2018, 07:51 PM
RE: IOTA and Clublog - by EA3GCV - 21-04-2018, 11:21 AM
RE: IOTA and Clublog - by IK6DLK - 21-04-2018, 02:58 PM
RE: IOTA and Clublog - by EA3GCV - 21-04-2018, 06:52 PM
RE: IOTA and Clublog - by IK6DLK - 21-04-2018, 07:27 PM
RE: IOTA and Clublog - by EA3GCV - 21-04-2018, 07:57 PM
RE: IOTA and Clublog - by ct1bxx - 22-04-2018, 12:28 AM