Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Band Plan and other possible erros
28-01-2018, 11:17 PM,
RE: Band Plan and other possible erros
Hi Vic,

Updates doesn't overwrite the SWISSLV5.INI file so I don't understand why realtime option is unchecked or the input order changed. This is saved in the Swisslv5.ini. If you have Swisslog installed in C:\Program Files\Swisslog please make sure to run the installer with administrator rights. I have 3 different computers and I never had this problem updating.

If you create a new statistic make sure you create it as PERSONAL. Otherwise it will be saved in the SWLSTAT.MDB and this file is always overwritten because it includes all STANDARD statistics).

If you have Swisslog installed in C:\Program Files you have to disable UAC. If you don't do this you will have lots of strange problems (like the ones you explain). In one of my computers I have Swisslog installed in C:\Program Files\Swisslog, using W10 with UAC disabled and I always install / run Swisslog with administrator rights and no problems at all. I insist a lot on this because if you don't follow strictly this rule you may get unexpected results. Swisslog and other amateur radio programs needs FULL administrator rights to work properly. Even now that default installation folder is C:\Swisslog, I recommend to force to run as administrator because you may also get problems (above all when linking with external programs).

Regarding no spots, make sure you have set the right Time difference to UTC in your My QTH used. Otherwise Swisslog won't calculate correctly the Spot Lifetime which can cause no spots displayed. Spots are in UTC time and Swisslog lifetime default option is 60 minutes. If you don't have the right setting in your Time difference to uTC in your My QTH, because now we have 1 hour of difference that's the reason you won't get any spot. I guess you have 0 in your Time difference to UTC.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog

Messages In This Thread
Band Plan and other possible erros - by CT1AXS - 28-01-2018, 01:57 PM
RE: Band Plan and other possible erros - by EA3GCV - 28-01-2018, 11:17 PM