Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configure download and display of membership information
19-11-2016, 06:44 PM,
RE: Configure download and display of membership information
(19-11-2016, 04:48 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello Jordi,

thanks for your reply,

>If you don't use a particular award and you want to not be informed to update, simply deactivate the associated statistic. You won't see the update message anymore for the non >active statistics.

I did not find where to do it, I found create/modify/delete of statistics, but no disable/deactivate ? Can you please give me a hint ?

>I will study your suggestion about membership column in Dx message window. This would require a powerful computer. LotW/eQSL checking in DX message window makes Swisslog >hung in older computers. That's the reason I placed an option to disable it. I will add your suggestion to the wish list. It's interesting!

IMHO it's the most meaningful function to see (some,configurable) membership infos right when spot appears, if you collect qso's for award or so.

But it don't end with simple memberships, normally you may want to see also immediatly in spot window (only some examples):
- is it some IOTA, and have I worked or confirmed this IOTA (analyze commet strings 'island isl. AF- EU- NA- and compare with your worked/confirmed IOTA)
- is it a special station (guess it from callsign length or comments like "SES or special"
- is there any sign for some other stations I'm interested in (WWFF,SOTA,... whatever, analyze commets)
- did I work the callsign before , if you look for new contacts. Use different colours for callsign to indicte it.
- have some useful mouseover-dropdown-menus like qrz.com, callsing analyze (show all spots for call and some analyze), lookup log match in Clublog, ...
- manage a list of callsings or DXCC's etc. ('alarm calls') you want to get infomed when they appear, with optional start and end dates
- load and analyze informations from web (IOTA and DX announcemens) to add them also to list of 'alarm calls'

But I think a log program, especially SL, is doing already such a lot of things so it can't do it all. For my personal use, I made a simple PERL/PHP application to collect all cluster spots and analyze it like mentioned above, maybe you find some ideas for SL.But this analyze stuff is generally another type of software then a logging programm, of course you have to set boundaries...

vy73
Thomas
DK3DUA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Configure download and display of membership information - by dk3dua - 19-11-2016, 06:44 PM