Swisslog's Forum
NEW version 5.101 - Printable Version

+- Swisslog's Forum (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Swisslog version 5.x (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: New versions and other Swisslog related news (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: NEW version 5.101 (/showthread.php?tid=840)

NEW version 5.101 - EA3GCV - 25-12-2020

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! 

I have just released version 5.101 implementing interesting news and correcting important bugs. 

Please read the full list of corrections HERE. It's VERY IMPORTANT to upgrade! 

I wish you all the best for next year 2021! 

Best 73

RE: NEW version 5.101 - K5WW - 26-12-2020

Quote:Corrected: Swisslog freezes while downloading new country table / statistic databases

Thank you very, very much! I had so many problems with that.

Best wishes for the new year to everyone!

RE: NEW version 5.101 - LX1AX - 26-12-2020

Thank you Jordy for your work and help to keep alive "Swisslog" and all the others which are involved.

Merry Christmas to all.

73, Alain LX1AX

RE: NEW version 5.101 - JW6VDA - 08-01-2021

Thanks for new version.
1. This, from the release notes, does not work as intended: "Corrected: Logbook views > Update County from Callbook databases: separator between State and County for US stations was set to underscore instead of dash. Example: HI_Hawaii instead of HI-Hawaii"

Separator is still -, not _ . Or did I misunderstand that one?

2. I am currently inserting about 20 kg (you read correctly, kilograms) of data from qsl cards sendt/received at JW5E to the JW5E database. I check every contact for data from qrz.com, and if applicable, I copy the information from qrz in the "Add qso" window, using the "Copy all" button, including US counties. Separator between State and County is -, not _

More important: It is pretty annoying that only the first name, and not the complete name including the family name is copied. That means I have to use the "Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V" method, which takes extra time when handling several thousand qsl cards. I have checked ALL options for copying from the callbook database. Could you look into this, please?

73 de Tom JW6VDA

RE: NEW version 5.101 - EA3GCV - 08-01-2021

Hi Tom,

You misunderstood the correction. The right separator is a dash and not the underscore. That was the correction.

You have different options to copy fields from Callbook resources (see Options / CD Callbook - Field copy instruction). Sometimes the middle name / family name combination doesn't work in some cases because it depends how the partner station filled out the QRZ profile. Give me some examples and I will be able to check to see what's the reason.

Best 73

RE: NEW version 5.101 - JW6VDA - 08-01-2021

So far it has not worked in a single case, and I have tried a couple of hundred. The last ones are KA1CRP, WB1ATZ, KA1X, KX1F, KA1BAM and NF1B. I have tried all combinations of first, middle and familily name in the field copy instructions, and the family name is NEVER copied. Eg for NF1B, only GUY B is copied.

RE: NEW version 5.101 - EA3GCV - 08-01-2021

Hello Tom,

I have uploaded a beta which corrects this. This happened only when reading from internet databases. I have improved the code to extract properly the first name, middle name and family name from QRz, QRZCQ and HAMQTH. Download and replace this file in the Swisslog folder:

www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/SwisslV5.exe

Please let me know if it's works.

Best 73

RE: NEW version 5.101 - JW6VDA - 09-01-2021

Works perfect!

Thanks a lot, you keep impressing, Jordi!

73 de Tom