Swisslog's Forum
SwissLog run with Wine on Debian - Printable Version

+- Swisslog's Forum (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Swisslog version 5.x (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: SwissLog run with Wine on Debian (/showthread.php?tid=507)

Pages: 1 2 3

SwissLog run with Wine on Debian - F1CEP - 09-10-2018

Hi All,

I managed to install Swisslog on a Debian thanks to Wine.

My concern is that when I launch it I get a message telling that it will close because of an Initialisation problem.

Has somebody already done that successfully ?

Thank you for your advice.

F1CEP
Pierrick

RE: SwissLog run with Wine on Debian - EA3GCV - 09-10-2018

Hello Pierrick,

I know some users having Swisslog installed in Wine under Linux without any problems! I have sent him a message to see if he can reply here and help you.

If in some days we don't receive any answer from him, please contact me via e-mail to support@swisslogforwindows.com and i will send you his e-mail address.

Best 73

RE: SwissLog run with Wine on Debian - OK1DTM - 09-10-2018

Hi Pierrick ,
    I use Swisslog long time under Wine without problems. I have never tried Debian sri. Now I use KDE neon or Kubuntu 18.04 and stable Wine 3.0.3. ( sudo apt install wine-stable) After wine install  winetricks. First step in terminal winecfg and set Windows version to Windows 7. Next step in terminal: winetricks mdac28 and winetricks jet40 Last step is installation Swisslog
Maybe you can help it
73 Josef OK1DTM

RE: SwissLog run with Wine on Debian - EA3GCV - 10-10-2018

Thank you very much Josef! I hope this will help him.

RE: SwissLog run with Wine on Debian - F1CEP - 12-10-2018

I thank you All,

I will test all of this and I'll keep you informed.

Best 73's
Pierrick
F1CEP

RE: SwissLog run with Wine on Debian - F1CEP - 12-10-2018

(09-10-2018, 10:44 PM)OK1DTM Wrote: Hi Pierrick ,
    I use Swisslog long time under Wine without problems. I have never tried Debian sri. Now I use KDE neon or Kubuntu 18.04 and stable Wine 3.0.3. ( sudo apt install wine-stable) After wine install  winetricks. First step in terminal winecfg and set Windows version to Windows 7. Next step in terminal: winetricks mdac28 and winetricks jet40 Last step is installation Swisslog
Maybe you can help it
73 Josef OK1DTM

Thanks a lot Josef

it works perfectely thanks to your instructions.

Pierrick
F1CEP

RE: SwissLog run with Wine on Debian - OK1DTM - 13-10-2018

I was pleased that is helped Pierick
73 Josef OK1DTM

RE: SwissLog run with Wine on Debian - EB1ESK - 24-04-2019

(13-10-2018, 12:07 AM)OK1DTM Wrote: I was pleased that is helped Pierick
73 Josef OK1DTM

Hi.
I am trying to install swisslog in ubuntu 18.04 of 64bits, can anyone help me ?, I have installed with winetrick files (mdac28 and jet40) but it does not work and it puts initialization error.
73's and thanks.

RE: SwissLog run with Wine on Debian - EA3GCV - 25-04-2019

Hi,

Did you follow the instructions given by OK1DTM above? If so, send him a private message , maybe he doesn't see the forum often.

Best 73

RE: SwissLog run with Wine on Debian - OK1DTM - 25-04-2019

(25-04-2019, 04:12 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi,

Did you follow the instructions given by OK1DTM above? If so, send him a private message , maybe he doesn't see the forum often.

Best 73

Hi Jordi,
I answered 21.Apr the same problem Fernando EA4AWM and problem was fixed. I will send private mail to EB1ESK (qrz.com)
73 Josef OK1DTM