Swisslog's Forum
DX Messages window slow. - Printable Version

+- Swisslog's Forum (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Swisslog version 5.x (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: DX Messages window slow. (/showthread.php?tid=309)

Pages: 1 2

DX Messages window slow. - G4UGB - 06-03-2017

Hello Jordi,

I've had major problems with my DX Messages window for a while now. The problem ?? When updating with new DX spots the window updates one spot a second and whilst it is doing this - the rest of SwissLog hangs and nothing else can be accessed. I'm running an Intel I7 CPU and have a good Internet connection of 60Mb/s. I have disabled the 'Show if LoTW/e-QSL user' option - the only selection statistic is DXCC.

I have uninstalled and re-installed SwissLog twice now and there has been no difference to the problem. If I have ten DX Spots arriving - the program halts completely for ten seconds until the DX Cluster messages window stops updating itself.

I never used to have this issue - DX Cluster spots used to fly up the DX Messages window before and never interfere with the running of the main software.

Any ideas ?? To my knowledge - I have never changed anything - only ever updated Swisslog when the updates were announced. I'm running Windows 10 64 bit and have loads of free space on the hard drive - SwissLog is installed in the root of the C drive.

Thank you for any help you can give me with this.

Regards,

Richard G4UGB

RE: DX Messages window slow. - EA3GCV - 12-03-2017

Hello Richard,

With your computer you should not have this behaviour at all even with the "Show if Lotw/eQSL user" option enabled. It's really curious... Close all windows and start opening the functions again. Maybe you have a lot of DX message windows open at the same time! Go to the Windows menu and see how many windows you have open. Also make sure to add an exception to Swisslog in your antivirus and firewall.

If you are still in trouble we can arrange a remote session via Teamviewer but something strange is happening there.

Best 73

J

RE: DX Messages window slow. - EI4KF - 17-03-2017

This problem has previously occurred with Richard because he set SWL to receive spots from the Internet Cluster instead of defining a Telnet Cluster. Even if you have a short interval set for the Internet Cluster, it queues spots and then sends 10 at once which causes Swisslog to wait while processing them. It is better to turn that off and use a Telnet source as these send spots in real-time. So, I'd advise on checking to see if this is the issue again.

Erik EI4KF / G0CGL

RE: DX Messages window slow. - EA3GCV - 17-03-2017

Thank you for your solution Erik!!!

RE: DX Messages window slow. - G4UGB - 18-03-2017

Thanks Jordi,

We're just back from a week away and I've just read the responses.

I reinstalled SwissLog from scratch before we went away so what 'default' settings' have been adopted I have not had time to look as yet. With regards to 'Telnet' and 'SWL' I'm not sure where to find those settings. Anyway, I'll dig into it later and take a look and see if I can spot the applicable settings and change them appropriately.

73 de Richard G4UGB

One other thing - in the DX Message window menu settings - if I STOP Internet - the 'Stop/Start' button switches to STOP. Should this happen ?? Should these functions be interdependent ??

783 de Richard G4UGB

Hi Jordi,

Another issue has raised it's head. In the Update Awards Inf0ormation list DEE gives me an error. A box pops up to say 'DEE: HTTP/1.1 301 moved permanently' I hit the 'OK' button and the progress update bar and the error message disappears and SwissLog functionality is restored.

Not seen this before either ??

73 de Richard G4UGB

RE: DX Messages window slow. - EI4KF - 18-03-2017

Richard:

Uncheck 'Read Dx Spots From Internet' (Options>Connect Packet Program). This can be done as well from the button in a DX Messages Window, to which you refer. Then open the Telnet Control Window (in View menu) and configure a DX Cluster of choice to start automatically. That will stop the freezing of Swisslog. 

Re: DEE - if you do not use that statistic, turn it off in Set Statistics (Options>Active Statistics).

RE: DX Messages window slow. - G4UGB - 19-03-2017

Hello Erik,

Not heard from you via e-mail for ages, don't yet know why. But anyway - I did the RTFM last night. Hit CNTRL-D and all appeared well. But in addition I have taken the steps you suggested above with EA1DX-5 highlighted as the Cluster of choice.

Thank you.

Richard

RE: DX Messages window slow. - EA3GCV - 19-03-2017

Hello all,

The DEE is a Spanish statistic. They have changed the web site and now uses SSL and I have to change the code. You can disable this statistic if you don't use it. You can also download the latest statistic file here to avoid the reminder:

www.swisslogforwindows.com/Download/Swlstat.zip

Unzip and replace the file in the Swisslog folder.

You can connect to a local Telnet server in the UK instead of EA1DX-5 if you prefer but this works very well!

Best 73