Swisslog's Forum
Notes-Window - Printable Version

+- Swisslog's Forum (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Swisslog version 5.x (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Error reports (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Notes-Window (/showthread.php?tid=269)

Notes-Window - DK3RA - 02-10-2016

Hello,
Since the last update to version 5.93 I have for all qso´s the SFI in  the Note-window.
I need the "Notes" for qso-infos because Global-QSL printing this into the qsl-card.
If I import qso´s from contest-programm the contestname is in this window.
Bud nobody need thi SFI on the qsl-card.
What can I do? Huh .

73 de Guenter, DK3RA

RE: Notes-Window - CX6VM - 02-10-2016

will be good to have this windows on a column in the logbook. Also sunrise and sunset time of MY QTH station (SR and SS of my grid locator)

So for example, I have a QSO on 160 mts and I can see the QTR of the QSO and another columns with SR and SS, this will be very good information

thanks
Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W

RE: Notes-Window - EA3GCV - 03-10-2016

Hello,

There is no SFI field in Swisslog and that's the reason I place this info in the Comments field. Most functions in Swisslog are based in the QSO query included in the Swisslog database. I can add field to Access tables programmatically but at the moment I haven't found any way to programmatically alter an Access query. If I add a new field to any table it won't be available in many parts of Swisslog because are based on the QSO query.

So the only workaround to this is add this info in the comments fields which is info related to the QSO. I added the SFI in v5.93 because some users like to know this info stored in the QSO. However, because some users don't like this I will try to add an option in the Add QSO function in the next version. This way users may decide if they like to place this info in Comments or not.

Meantime Guenter, the only solution is to manually delete the SFI note in each QSO until I release new version with the option mentioned above. I'm sorry for this!!

Have you tried to print with Swisslog? you don't need an external program to print QSL and you can handle perfectly all your QSLs with Swisslog. In fact when you work a contest, the best way to set the contest name is in the EVENT tab of the MyQTH options. The same as you create a MyQTH associated by a Working Conditions, you can also create an EVENT with the name of the contest. When importing QSO from a contest program you select the corresponding MyQTH, working conditions and the right Event (the contest name in this case). This way you have perfectly assigned all your QSOs. You can later filter by Event in any logbook view or even print the Event name in your QSL automatically. This is the way I do it. If no event is used (a set blank in the Event/Contest field in the event entry used in my everyday QSO) nothing is printed in the QSL. If QSO has associated an event it will print out the event name in the QSL card. If you select the QSL 9x14 Example 1.rpt included in Swisslog you will see all this. In the lower part of the QSL the Event name assigned in the Event/Contest tab used in this QSO is printed out here.

Best 73

RE: Notes-Window - DK3RA - 31-10-2016

Hello Jordi,

Thank You for answer, I´m waiting for v5.94. I delete it manuelly now.
Direct printing vom Swisslog is working very good. I did it for many years with my own .rpt but my new printer can not handle qsl-cards.
But labelprinting is ok.

Best 73

Guenter, DK3RA

RE: Notes-Window - EA3GCV - 02-11-2016

Hello:

You don't have to manually delete the SFI info in the Comments fields. I have finally found a way to add fields to the QSO MS Access query so in version 5.94 I will add a specific field to automatically store the SFI value. At first startup of version 5.94, all SFI contents found in Comments field will be automatically transferred to the new SFI field and deleted the "SFI: xxx" value from Comments. So you don't have to worry about this now as it will be automatically deleted in next version.

I'm working hard in the new version which will implement new and interesting functions as well as some corrections. I'm planning to release it before the end of this year.

Best 73