Swisslog's Forum
V5.92 - QRZ.COM Lookup after HIBERNATE - Printable Version

+- Swisslog's Forum (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Swisslog version 5.x (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Error reports (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: V5.92 - QRZ.COM Lookup after HIBERNATE (/showthread.php?tid=246)

V5.92 - QRZ.COM Lookup after HIBERNATE - dl2sba - 25-06-2016

Hi everybody

I'm experiencing the problem, that after I put my computer (WIN10 64Bit) into hibernation mode for one day and wake him up again, the previously working connection to QRZ.COM is not working any more (no callsign found). I have to open the menu OPTION/CALLBOOK and simply press OK to get it working again.

I assume the token from QRZ.COM is expired. Is there a chance, to implement an automatic "reconnect" to QRZ.COM to renew the token?

Vy 72

Dietmar, DL2SBA

RE: V5.92 - QRZ.COM Lookup after HIBERNATE - EA3GCV - 25-06-2016

Hi Dietmar,

When restoring from hibernation sometimes gives certain problems when a program is open. It's not the token from QRZ but Swisslog somehow miss the QRZ address kept in memory when restoring from hibernation. I will try to look for an automatic solution so that swisslog detects if system is coming from hibernation to refresh the QRZ access but I don't know if I will be able to do it.

Best 73

RE: V5.92 - QRZ.COM Lookup after HIBERNATE - dl2sba - 25-06-2016

Hi Jordi

thanks - looking forward to V5.93 ;-)

//Dietmar

RE: V5.92 - QRZ.COM Lookup after HIBERNATE - EA3GCV - 25-06-2016

Hi Dietmar,

I have been working on it since this morning trying to make an automatic way to solve this based on my testings, after resuming from hibernation effectively when you enter a call it's not searched in QRZ. However, when you enter a second call it's searched correctly. It doesn't matter that you go to Options | CD Callbook en press OK. This does nothing. The only way I have found is to enter a second call. Honestly I don't know the source of the problem. I have tried to open the Option/CD Callbook dialog and press OK with no results. Even trying to add a ghost callsign and cancel but nothing...

The only working solution has been to force a database refresh after restoring from hibernation. Swisslog works perfectly and we avoid all the problems when coming from hibernation. It will be implemented in v5.93

Best 73

RE: V5.92 - QRZ.COM Lookup after HIBERNATE - dl2sba - 26-06-2016

Hi Jordi

(a)
I just retested it. I woke up my PC from hibernation. I sent him to sleep abt. 10h ago.
Entering your callsign in QSO dialog and press TAB --> "Getting call" --> "Call not found" - I can redo this n-times, ESC and enter callsing --> always data not found.
Then I open Callbook dialog and press OK --> Entering your callsign and press TAB --> data populated.

(b)
Now I put the PC again into hibernation mode and woke him up 2min later.
Entering your callsign and press TAB --> No lookup seems to happen.
Press ESC and reenter callsign and press TAB --> Now the lookup works.

I assume the behaviour you found for hibernation is the same I described (b) --> first try is not working.
The wakeup after many hours, maybe you have again a look into this issue (a). This was an indication for me, that there must be something like a timeout of the QRZ.COM token?!

Thanks in advance!

//Dietmar

RE: V5.92 - QRZ.COM Lookup after HIBERNATE - EA3GCV - 26-06-2016

Hi Dietmar,

Thank you for your extended test! Effectively my test was the same as your B test. The solution was to make a database refresh after hibernation and works everything ok. Please make again your A test. After 10 hours or more sleeping restore and go to Tools | Refresh Database Connection to see if it works OK as in test B.

Please let me know the result

Best 73

RE: V5.92 - QRZ.COM Lookup after HIBERNATE - dl2sba - 27-06-2016

Hi Jordi

as requested I currently woke up my PC from hibernation after about 18h, called "Tools | Refresh Database Connection" from menu and then entered your callsign --> "Callsign not found"
This can be reproduced many times, always "Callsign not found".

Now opening "Options | Callbook" dialog and press OK. Entering your callsign --> "Getting QRZ key" + "Callsign found". From now on it works fine - untill next long hibernation period.

//Dietmar

RE: V5.92 - QRZ.COM Lookup after HIBERNATE - EA3GCV - 27-06-2016

Hi Dietmar,

Many thanks for your extended testings! The solution will be to perform the database refresh and also the opening of Options | Callbook then close to cover both cases after short and long hibernation.

Best 73

RE: V5.92 - QRZ.COM Lookup after HIBERNATE - dl2sba - 29-06-2016

OK thanks Jordi

I'm waiting for 2.93 - no hurry - not a really big issue :-)

//Dietmar

RE: V5.92 - QRZ.COM Lookup after HIBERNATE - EA3GCV - 30-06-2016

Hi Dietmar,

I have made a test after 5 hours of hibernation and every things works OK now applying both solutions. Stay tuned for next version. It will be ready before the end of July.

Best 73