Swisslog's Forum
QSL card on 9x14 - Printable Version

+- Swisslog's Forum (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Swisslog version 5.x (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: User files for Swisslog (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: QSL card on 9x14 (/showthread.php?tid=222)

Pages: 1 2

QSL card on 9x14 - EA5VK - 23-01-2016

I tried to edit and print my QSL cards using one of the QSL cards on Swisslog QSLcards folder. The only one using 9x14 cm. size sheet that I found in the QSLcards folder was: QSL 9x14 example2. RPT file. I tried to print it and it is impossible for me to get a correct QSL card.
I dessigned my own QSL card file from scratch and it works fine using a 9x14 cm. sheet of paper (cardboard) on a standard printer.
It would be good that someone tested it too. You just have to download the file from the link below and copy it in the QSL cards folder. ( Swisslog/Reports/QSLcards)
If this is found intersting for other people, it could be added to the QSL cards folder.

I have seen now that I am able to attache the file here. I am going to attache it now.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5OQ_PPEsx3FbXEyeVYyWGxmeTg/view?usp=sharing

José Luis Marti  EA5VK

RE: QSL card on 9x14 - EA3GCV - 24-01-2016

Hi José Luis,

Thank you for your file! The QSL 9x14 example 2 works well in my printer loading a package of 9x14 QSL. You know that every printer has its own features and not all printers allow a custom size paper. That's the reason some formats may work in some printers and some not.

I'm not at home until tuesday night. I will test your report and I will see the differences. If it's ok I will add it in the next version as QSL 9x14 Example 3.

Best 73

RE: QSL card on 9x14 - EA5VK - 25-01-2016

I was not able to use your QSL 9 x14 example 2; instead, I could use your the example 1 though it was not of use since I intended to use a package of 9x14 sheets of paper. I am sure my old HP1200 series printer does not allow customized paper.

Let me know if the file I sent is working on your printer when you reach home. I attache a link to a photo of some QSLs printed here.

Perhaps the file would need some changes for general use, though I think that people interested in it can do it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5OQ_PPEsx3FYzh6MW8tWTB5VnM/view?usp=sharing

RE: QSL card on 9x14 - EA3GCV - 28-01-2016

Hi José Luis,

First of all congratulations for your design! I wanted to download the report but it needs permission from you. I want to take a look of your design and improve some things so that all other user may use it. For instance, there is a way to hide automatically the "QSL via" label when there is not a QSL manager in QSO. Also there is a way that the callsign is taken from the My QTH callsign which is better because the QSL can be used in all your My QTH even if you use more than one callsign. Obviously I have to hide or delete the WAZ and ITU labels if I want to use it for general purposes otherwise every user will need to change it manually. I don't know if you have set a fixed label with the PSE QSL text. Swisslog has a very interesting function to set this text automatically according the QSL received status. This text is defined in Edit | Edit Pse/Tnx QSL.

You can send the report to me directly to my e-mail: ea3gcv@castelldefels.net.

Best 73

RE: QSL card on 9x14 - EA5VK - 28-01-2016

I have to go out right now. I will read and answer later.

You can manage the QSL dessign the way you think is better for other users.

RE: QSL card on 9x14 - JW6VDA - 01-10-2018

What happened to this qsl card design? I cannot find it in the qsl cards folder on my computer, where all except 4 files are from 2006 or before.  I would very much like to have such a qsl card to print, as I make qsl labels for 5 different callsigns, and card printing would be really helpful.

73 de Tom 6VDA

RE: QSL card on 9x14 - EA3GCV - 01-10-2018

Hi Tom,

I will include it in the next version 5.98c which I'm planning to release this or next week. It will be called "QSL 9x14 EA5VK". You will have to adapt it to your needs and play a little bit.

Best 73

RE: QSL card on 9x14 - JW6VDA - 01-10-2018

Thanks!

Looking forward to next version.

73 de Tom 6VDA

RE: QSL card on 9x14 - F6DKQ - 16-11-2019

I'm digging up an old topic.... Sleepy  anyway I just put my question here :

Is there a model to allow to print on 100 x 15 mm bristol cards
On my Brother Laser printer, I can only put the cards in portrait orientation , narrow side in front

I've tried all the models, including 9x4 ones, all combinations of printer properties on my computer
and on my printer itself (paper settings) nothing works  ......A4/A6      portrait/landscape....

Any help would be appreciated.

73  de Guy F6DKQ

RE: QSL card on 9x14 - EA3GCV - 16-11-2019

Hi Guy,

Could you explain what does mean "nothing works"? Rembmer to select your printer in File / Printer. Maybe you have still selected your old printer. A picture of your printout would help.

Best 73